Arising Questions

<><>Ash's POV<><>

We passed into the Dark-type floor, where no natural light exists. This floor took us especially long, as we had to grope our way through the darkness.

Oh, and about the oval stone. Serena attempted to use it, but her evolution did not trigger. Perhaps it can only be used during certain times.

What's also weird that I noticed is that on the First Floor, the Rock one, Serena never collected a peculiar object with the ability to temporarily evolve Pokémon.

Oh, well. No good in thinking about this too much.

"Man," I groan. "How long will we be stuck here? How will we know where the Star Circle is?" "It glows," answers Absol.

Should've guessed.

<><>Serena's POV<><>

The feeling returns. Once again. I'll have to find it. The item will most likely evolve me into an Umbreon.

Heh... this is weird. Talking about me- a human- evolving. In any way you look at it, though, it's true.

I explain the feeling I get when an item such as the Leaf Shard is present on our current floor, telling them that I can search for it that way.

They agree that time can be spent searching for an important artifact, which holds such powers. Any item of use to me in fighting will be necessary.

I trust my instincts to guide me to its location, concentrating deeply, eyes closed, sensing the power sealed inside the stone.

Ash guides me through the long corridors and rooms, steering me away from the walls. It would hurt... quite a bit... if I ran into one.

After an hour, my eyes snap open. "It's here."

I kneel, searching the ground for the object with my hands. I touch a smooth surface, and I shudder with the feeling. I close my left hand on it, and, inspecting it closely, find that it is an obsidian diamond.

I have three of them now.

I look up to the others. "Alright," I tell them. "I'm ready. Let's get out of here." Absol nods and assumes the lead straight away.

I'll become stronger. Learn how to fight, using the special abilities I was thankfully granted. I'll have courage when in battle, and retreat when I see fit.

This is a war...

This is a war I cannot afford to lose. Yet...

Absol trusts us. He says the Life Trial will not save, but destroy the world. Though it may be just a theory, it is a possibility nevertheless.

That Pokémon isn't normal. Absol is intelligent, and I surprisingly seem to recognize him from somewhere, even if I can't put my finger on it.

And... this question nags me at the back of my mind.

Who am I fighting for?

<><>Absol's POV<><>

After clearing the Dark-type floor, we take a long break, to rest up and sleep. Each of us have our own shift to watch over the others.

Right now, it's mine.

And sometimes, I wonder...

Where is my partner?

How did she disappear?

Why did she disappear?

These endless questions... I cannot answer them. I've been trying to, but I haven't had any luck with them. As of now, the only thing I can do is discover them while traveling with Ash and Serena.

However... ever since meeting the human girl...

I shake my head. No. There's absolutely no way.

I mull over my thoughts, but again, come up with no solutions. Everything is blurred. And the one thing none of us wants to take into consideration is,

What will happen at the Star Realm peak?

<><>Flashback<><>

The sky is covered with gray clouds, the sun eternally hidden behind them, for it would not be seen ever again.

The atmosphere is deadly quiet. The songs of the bird Pokémon are unsung, and the forest is silent.

Everything is still. Nothing moves: dewdrops hang suspended in the air; the branches of trees do not sway with the wind.

As there is none.

This world of perpetual and everlasting darkness... is of a world where time has stopped. It is the world where I had once lived in.

And the cause of this? This terrible, unthinkable fate?

The Life Trial.

My dear friend and I held our beliefs that it was possible to time travel to the past, no matter any consequences we would suffer to accomplish our goal. Because, yes.

This is the future.

<><>End of Flashback<><>

I awake. The dark future is near. No matter the obstacles, no matter the danger...

Even if my partner... even if my partner isn't here, standing beside me, as she should be...

I will prevent it.

====================

Dun DUN! The truth about Absol is revealed! He is a Pokémon of the future! What will happen next? Honestly, everything may appear as confusing and rushed but whatever. Comment your thoughts!

Hope you enjoyed! :)

~TheDreamRider