1: Sombody's Watching Me

Depuis le début

I woke up to my alarm the next morning and groaned, rolling over and trying to ignore it because I knew if I turned it off I was just going to fall back to sleep and miss school. I sighed and sat up. I reached down on the floor for my phone and unplugged it from it's charger, turning the alarm off. Silence, that was better. I wanted so badly to lay back down and sleep but I couldn't. I slouched out of bed and slumped over to my cupboard to put on my uniform. It was cold and wrinkled but I didn't care. I wondered out into the kitchen where mum was making lunches and Lace was eating a bowl of cheerios. I got myself my own bowl and chowed down, then I dunked my bowl in the sink and went to the bathroom to do hair, teeth and cologne. I loved my cologne, it smelt like mixed spices. I checked myself at in the mirror, blew myself a kiss, winked and then jogged to the front door where mum was packing my lunch away in my school bag.

“I won't be home until late so listen to your brother okay?” mum was saying to Lace. I poked my tongue out at Lace and then passed in front of mum. I took my bag and kissed her cheek.

“Bye mum,” I said and left on my way to school. We didn't live too far from the school so walking was my favourite option, it helped keep me fit too. Which was hard to do in my household what with everyone in my family but me being a sweet tooth. I hummed 'Somebody's Watching Me – Rockwell' as I walked to school and I passed that creepy guys house and as always he was sitting out the front of his house working on his motorbike. He was shirtless with a jumper tied around his waist and black skinny jeans tight to his legs. Motor oil was smudged all over him and a red bandanna was tied over his head like always, holding back his long black hair. He wore black square glasses and on the left side of his face from the temple to his jaw was a thick dark scar. He glanced at me as I walked past so I walked faster. That guy just gave me the chills, even though I was taller than him and I think maybe older too. I didn't know what his name was, and I wasn't hanging around to find out. The rest of the way to school was done in a light jog, mostly to put distance between me and that guy. Was it coincidence that I'd heard those voices last night and was seeing him this morning? Of course not, I passed him every morning, but he'd never looked at me before.

I walked into school and was instantly tackled by my two best friends, Blake and Garret. I was flung onto my back with both boys laughing on top of me.

“Morning,” Garret said in his deep voice casually as he got off the top of the pile and dusted himself off. Blake was still squirming over me, hugging me tightly. I patted his back and tried to sit up.

“Come on Blake, let the guy breathe will you,” Garret laughed, trying to pry Blake off of me.

“NO!” he cried and hugged tighter.

“Blake man, off,” I said. Blake obeyed immediately and Garret helped him stay standing while I picked myself off the floor. Once I was standing Blake tried to fling himself at me again but I put one hand out on his chest and stopped him.

“Okay kiddo, back up,” I said but I grinned at him. He beamed back.

“How was your weekend? Did you get busted for the party?” Garret asked me, eyeing me over with an eyebrow raised in that way he has.

“Nah it was fine, got away scot free, but the rest of the weekend was boring an hell,” I explained, fixing my bag on my shoulders. We all walked into the school together. We were all dressed in the school uniform, but it was slack, we always made our own modifications to look individual. For instant the uniform was a white button up short sleeve shirt, moss green tie, black pants and a moss green jumper. Garret always changed the jumper for a hoodie and wore shades either on top of his head or over his eyes. Blake was a little more extreme, he was really athletic so he always wore shorts, light blue denim ones, instead of the black pants. He also undid his white shirt about halfway and wore another T-shirt underneath on display. I was more broken up, my white shirt always un-tucked, suspenders hanging off my hips, headphones around my neck with the chord always hanging around me and tucking into my pocket where I kept the player, a grey cardigan that was way too big and hung off of me. The teachers were annoyed by it at first, but they soon got over it. Everyone else in the school began to copy us after a while. The only part of the uniform that really stayed was the button up shirt and the tie.