Fight or be killed (35)

Brantley on his hunting trip

Zion's Pov

It's been 2 weeks since Kathleen was born, and Brantley and I have a system going with Kathleen and it's working great for us. Kathleen is now taking a nap, before we have to go and see Dr. Jonas for her 2 week old appointment. Brantley, Jason, Luke and my father was going fishing, and hunting today, so it's going to be mother and daughter day. I'm just glad that Brantley, Jason and Luke made up. They are best friends and they need each other. Over the past 2 weeks since Kathleen was born Philip and I have gotten to know each other better and I did find out that he is my father. 

I was getting the food already for the boys. They are going to be gone today and will come back some time in the morning. I'm going to have to get used to this, when Brantley goes back on tour. I was making ham sandwiches, turkey and chips for the boys.  

" Daddy's going to miss you so much." I looked up and saw Brantley holding Kathleen in his arms. Only 2 weeks old and she is such a daddy's girl already. 

" I think she will be okay for one day without you daddy." I told him. Brantley looked down at me. God, I love his facial hair. Over the past 2 weeks he hasn't shaved at all, and I'm glad for that. Not behaving to have sex for 2 weeks has been hell on both of us. All I want to do is jump his bones right now. 

" Yeah. I already had a talk with her?" Brantley told me. I looked up at him.

" What talk would that be?" I asked him. I heard Kathleen cooing at her father. 

" That she has to be good for her mama. No wrestling with you. That's daddy time, with his baby girl? I don't want her to give you any trouble and when you go and see Jonas, I want her to ball her eyes out?" Brantley told me. I looked over at him. 

" You really hate him don't you baby?" I asked him. 

" I wish I didn't tell the boys I would go with them on this trip. I should be here with you and Kathleen." Brantley said to me. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. 

" One night away won't hurt you. Kathleen and I will be safe and sound. We have the dogs to help us. You just put in a new alarm system in the house. Brantley, your girls will be fine." I told him. 

" Well, just to be safe, I hired my bodyguard to park outside all night." Brantley told me. I looked at him. I think he is losing it, now. 

" Brantley Keith Gilbert. You are not making Bill stay here all night and watch the house?" I told him. Before he got to talking Jason, Luke and Philip walked in. 

" Well, the truck is already to go." Jason said to Brantley. 

" How's my granddaughter doing?" Philip asked me. I still call him Philip. I just can't call him dad yet.