Eliza read it. She read every line, every ink placed word. Her heart pounded faster and faster with each confession Alexander displayed for the world to see. Her mind wasn't working, she couldn't think straight, for the betrayal was too strong deep within her heart.

Her eyes skimmed over my real crime was an amorous connection with his wife, for a considerable time with his privity and connivance, and every bone in Eliza's body seemed to become weak.

Eliza shut her eyes, many tears spiraling down her cheeks. She could still clearly remember the night that he had whispered in her ear, in the most flirtatious but meaningful way possible, how he would devote himself to Eliza until he no longer alive.

And then the memories of her wedding night came flooding back, the way he held her as they danced, the vows, his smile, all just seemed fake now.

Reading it, she finally saw the truth. She understood why he had arrived home late so many nights and acted like it was work that was keeping him away. To know that in fact it was because he was with another woman, broke her into pieces even more.

Eliza had seemed to forgotten as time ticked by that her sister had been the one to deliver the news to her. Angelica had left her sister in the living room to read the news, and attended to the children. She didn't want to see her sister in pain while reading, for she knew the damage Alexander brought to her on that day would be too great to fix.

Hours ticked by, as Eliza tried to piece together all that he had written. Why? her brain questioned. Weeping loudly, Eliza threw herself across the sofa, covering her face.

Her body shook with every breath and cry she took. Never in her life had she ever felt more betrayed or in grief and pain. She knew that she couldn't forgive Alexander, for what he'd done was too great to redeem himself and her love.

The delicate printed paper fell to the ground at Eliza's feet and she shut her eyes again, trying to stop the tears upon tears that kept emerging.

The more and more she thought about it, and the more she read the lines again and again, she begged for an answer. And even more so, when she thought about Alexander with this woman, Maria Reynolds, her body ached and her cries became unable to describe.

After hours of weeping and being in hysterics, Eliza heard the front door open in the main hall. Clutching her head, she quickly picked up the scattered papers that she had been reading.

She heard the familiar footsteps of her husband, heading towards his study. She listened and waited, until she heard pounding feet running down the steps. Then the person spoke up, and when Eliza heard who it was, she sighed in relief.

"Alexander!" She heard Angelica's tired but determined voice echo out. Alexander replied, "I'm not in the mood to talk right now, Angelica. I'll be in for dinner shortly."

However, he didn't receive any words back from Angelica. Eliza heard Angelica reach her husband and then she assumed she had made a hit for his face. Alexander from outside shouted, "Whoa!" "Let go of me!"

"What is with you? Why are you going to slap all of a sudden?" There was some noises of disapproval coming from Angelica who said back in his face, "Oh, don't play stupid with me, Alexander."

There was a pause before he said, "I'm not playing games with you. I-" "She knows."

Eliza leaned her back against the wall for support. Alexander didn't reply at first to Angelica, and since Eliza wasn't in the hall, she didn't know how he reacted.