Pocky and Anime [boyxboy] Chapter 16

-Chapter 16-

~Skylar’s POV~

We bolted up, heading towards the sounds of screaming and the way everyone else was heading. It was Sobo’s room. And the screams were heart-wrenching.

Oh no.

Taru and I burst through the door and froze. The person who was screaming was Akuma. And by now he was sobbing, Hanna beside him with tears streaming down her face.

I stared at the bed, Sobo laying there with a small smile on her wrinkled face. Her silver hair was down, seeming to glow in the moonlight and her hands were crossed over her chest. Except they weren’t rising up and down with her breathing.

“Mother!” Burēdo yelled, rushing forward with tears starting to go down.

I stood with my back against the wall, watching the scene in front of me. Everyone was crying. Everyone was looking at Sobo with sadness.

There was too much crying. Too many tears. That’s why I held mine back. All the adults had broken down and plus….I don’t like when people see me cry. That’s for private matters. Even though this was different, I refrained myself even though my eyes were moist.

Sakura was sitting on the floor crying a foot in front of me so I went down and sat cross-legged, my back against the wall and pulled her to me. She looked up at me, hiccupping then laid her head on my shoulder and continued crying while I stroked her hair back. None of us has dealt with a major death in the family. And even if this wasn’t my family, it felt like it.

I stared down at the silver bracelet, wishing Sobo a safe journey to wherever she was headed. May it be heaven, may it be the next life. Who knows.

The funeral was depressing. I’m amazed I was able to make it through without breaking down as well. I decided to just wait until I get home.

It was nicely decorated though. And there was good food afterwards. Sigh. Now I feel all depressed.

 Then we decided to head back on January 15th, a week longer than we were meant to. So I had been missing a full week of school. Taru and everyone had gone to school though. Well, except Izaya. He was depressed but….he had decided to come home. Too many memories.

“So, is that offer to coming to visit still standing?” Taru asked as we all sat in the airport.

I smiled at him and nodded. “Sure. Whenever really. I’m usually ahead in school so I could probably miss a week to hang out and we can go over The Hero Within.”

He nodded then we both looked up as people were allowed to board the plane. I sighed, standing up with my bag beside me. I looked down at Taru and smiled, ruffling his hair.

“Until then.” And headed away with the rest of my group.

~Xander’s POV~

Skylar has been MIA all last week. Akuma and Hanna too. I was tempted to ask those three other guys that hang out with them but they’ve been looking threatening whenever someone asked where the other three of their group was. Seriously, Friday Alicia went up to them to ask where Skylar was-much to my annoyance-and Ryan (yeah, the nice, innocent, barely hits anybody or badmouths people Ryan) told her to get her slutty ass away from them and if anyone asked again he’d beat their ass. No matter the gender.

So I’m guessing something bad happened. And it’s had me worried. The teachers didn’t seemed bothered by it at all, seeming to know where all three of them were but not telling anyone.