MBTI - AS SONGS

ISTJ
1979 (The Smashing Pumpkins)
This song is dreamy and nostalgic, but also ultimately realistic. ISTJ's are traditional and cautious, but also have strong imaginations that are influenced by their subjective view of the past.

ISFJ
A Dustland Fairytale (The Killers)
ISFJ's are traditional, yet also imaginative and often dreamers. This song is about the traditional culture of America and fairytale love, but also shows how that tradition can be channeled into imagination.

INTJ
Centuries (Fall Out Boy)
This song is perfect for the ambitious, idealistic INTJ, who often dwells in their complex dreams of the future. More importantly, it also shows this type's passion and emotion, not just their ruthlessness.

INFJ
Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)
This song is gentle, introspective, and metaphorical, just like the INFJ. It explores the ideas of time, personal strength, divinity, and identity, all within a single extended metaphor of a snow-covered mountain.

INTP
Speed of Sound (Coldplay)
This song questions the nature of life and one's place in the universe. INTP's have similarly inquisitive minds, and love to understand the logical patterns of the world around them.

INFP
Marching Bands of Manhattan (Death Cab for Cutie)
The INFP is passionate, sincere, imaginative and original. This song uses unusual ideas such as marching bands and leaking faucets to describe the vastness of a strong personal love.

ISTP
Harlem (New Politics)
ISTP's are full of energy, but also blunt and analytical. This song is very enthusiastic and youthful, but still manages to capture the more direct aspect of the ISTP's personality.

ISFP
Go Do (Jónsi)
ISFP's are impulsive, aesthetic individualists, a spirit captured in this upbeat song. Its lyrics speak to stepping outside your comfort zone, being proud of yourself and your identity, and embracing the richness of life.

ESFP
Anna Sun (Walk the Moon)
This song is perfect for the energy, enthusiasm, and fun-loving tendencies of the ESFP. It focuses on sensory imagery and tells a carefree summer story, themes often present in the ESFP's own life.

ESTP
Ready to Go (Panic! at the Disco)
The ESTP is upbeat, infectious, and often devil-may-care. The song describes a risk-taking, ready-for-anything attitude, and also does justice to the ESTP's curiosity and personal charm.

ESFJ
Cecilia and the Satellite (Andrew McMahon) This is a sweet song written for the singer's daughter, describing his life's experiences and his love for her. It's compassionate and imaginative, just like the ESFJ.

ESTJ
Telegraph Road (Dire Straits)
This song speaks to memories of better times, as well as the hardworking ethic that prevailed in them, similar to the efficient yet nostalgic ESTJ. This type can also be very creative, shown in the song's complexity.

ENFJ
Kings and Queens (30 Seconds to Mars) ENFJ's are passionate and compassionate, particularly about larger social causes. This song is quite emotionally powerful, speaking to a visionary sense of fulfillment that should resonate with the ENFJ.

ENTJ
Hall of Fame (The Script)
ENTJ's are dedicated, hardworking, and ambitious, the exact qualities described in this song. It has a never-give-up attitude that champions 'everyday' leaders, such as teachers and preachers.

ENFP
Dirty Paws (Of Monsters and Men)
ENFP's are known for their idiosyncratic imaginations, which fits in perfectly with this song about rebellious dragonflies and talking trees. The song is also a bit like a folk story, showing ENFP's buried streak of traditionalism.

ENTP
Champagne Supernova (Oasis)
This song is a quirky, metaphorical ramble well-suited to the original mind of an ENTP. It delves into questions of life, the universe, and everything, and doesn't lend itself to easy interpretation.