Chapter 1

HANNAH

Rule no. 1: Never talk to strangers.

Rule no. 2: Don't trust anyone.

Those are the two of the most important rules in life, I concluded after seeing the Haunted Mask do all exorcism stuff on Jane.

And after seeing Jane's body collapsed on the floor.

The Haunted Mask cackled, and thunder echoed, lightning flashed in the sky.

"You will never leave this place alive!"The Haunted Mask screamed. She took the vase beside her and threw it at The Haunted Mask.

And it hit her straight in her face.

"Ha! In your face, ya dig!"I cheered. The Haunted Mask growled, it's eyes fixed in a terrifying glare at me.

Hannah took another item from the table beside her, this time the glass of poisonous milk The Haunted Mask served her.

"Feast on this!"Hannah said, throwing the glass at the Haunted Mask, who lunged at her, launching an attack. But the glass hit her in her face in mid-air, making part of her mask melt due to poison.

"AHHHHH!!!"The Haunted Mask screamed, it's voice turning to a child's voice. And behind the mask was a young child, probably subconscious.

While the mask screamed, Hannah planned an exit for herself. She stood up as the Haunted Mask scrambled to it's feet, running to the door which she entered in.

"Come back!"The Haunted Mask called to me. I opened the door easily, and closed it behind me. I was panting and sweating, but happy that I am out of that house. I looked around me.

Houses...but they're liked lined up to the top of a hill, and at the tip of the hill is...

Christ the Redeemer?!

How did that get in Australia again? I must've been gone for days! Zach must be so worried.

I looked to my side. I walked to a lady who was passing by. "Where am I?"I asked.

"Rio de Janeiro."The lady answered. "Are you asking for directions to where the Twenty One Pilots will be performing on March 16?"

"No. Just...asking. Where's Copacabana?"I asked.

"Look dearie, there is an Information Center right there for Tourists."The lady pointed to her left. "Just a few minutes walk and you'll see it. Before you know it, you'll be in Ipanema or somewhere in the Sugarloaf Mountains."The lady walked away.

Rio de Janeiro, you say???