Chapter 2: Breakfast Warnings and Confessions

Start from the beginning

Once he'd taken his seat, they all held hands and began to pray. They always do that before every meal. I've never prayed before at meal time, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to. I usually do it before I go to sleep.

"Amen," Genevieve said softly.

The maids and I began to serve each family member. I was assigned to pour the orange juice and tea. Since I was the strongest in arm strength of the rest of the maids, I had to hold both liters of the beverages.

I wasn't nervous one bit when I reached Vincent. His furrowed brows hadn't affected me in the slightest bit.

"Orange juice or tea, Sire," I asked in a polite, low voice.

"You," Vincent breathed into my neck.

I closed my eyes tightly and decided on pouring him tea. Ever since I've been working here, he always chose tea.

His fingers began to caress my inner thighs. Inside, I'm burning from his touch, but my exterior shows no reaction. I wasn't even blushing, not that anyone would ever notice due to the level of melanin in my complexion.

After I poured the ice tea, I made my way to the next royal figure.

Breakfast was fairly uneventful. I stared at the breathtaking interior of the dining room. Vincent kept stealing glances at me, glances that I would not return. And Tiffany kept staring at Vincent.

Sometimes, I wish it had not been me to have slept with Vincent. All he wanted was a booty call, and that was something I'm not willing to be.

_____

"I think I may be in love, everyone," Tiffany began. We were all cleaning the aftermath of the breakfast meal.

"With who? The gardener," Aimee asked nonchalantly.

Tiffany glared at the back of Aimee's blonde head. "No, you dunce! I'm in love with..."

'Here it comes,' I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Vincent," Tiffany breathed dreamily. Wow, how did I know?

Gina stiffened and snapped her head quickly in the brunette's direction.

"Tiffany, are you mad? You can't be in love with Vincent. He will not love you back," she said warningly.

"But, Gina, I love him," Tiffany said once again.

"No you don't, child. He's an engaged man, ready to be married within months. He will not throw his beautiful fiancée away for a maid," Gina said harshly.

I could tell that Gina definitely hit the spot when I saw Tiffany's gaze avert and her lips quiver. Honestly, it sort of hurt me too.

"Tiffany, are you sleeping with him," Aimee asked, a hint of jealousy in her tone.

Tiffany shook her head no.

"Have any of you ever slept with him," Gina asked authoritatively.

No one spoke up, not even myself.

"Good. But if I or any other figure of authority finds out that any of you are lying, they will give you a severe punishment," Gina said warningly.

We all nodded in understanding.

We made our way out of the dining area and into the kitchen to get the plates for cleaning. Our next assignment is to clean up the bedrooms. Unfortunately, I had to clean Vincent's room. Why am I always forced to see him?

The rest of the maids sent me glares of hatred and jealousy.

"Oh calm your tits, I'm not fucking him and neither are you guys," I said angrily. Although, it is a half lie, I did have sex with him last night. But, I never will again... hopefully.