Chapter 11 (Fall Dance and Admission)

-Eunice's POV-

            I check myself again in the mirror for the last time. After my talk with Rilee in the girl's restroom, I thought about Rilee's question and always come with the same conclusion.

"Why does this have to happen to me?" I groan out when there was a knock in my door. "It's open" I yell and my dad comes in with a huge smile. This is one of the rare moments that his home.

"You look beautiful baby girl" he compliments in which I thank him with a smile. "What's wrong baby?" he asks probably seeing the troubled look pasted on my face.

"Nothing dad" I lie to him but he just looks at me expectantly. I sigh defeated. "Dad, I like this someone" I start, he stays quiet so I continue "but, recently I've been feeling some sort of attraction to this other someone" I explain slowly and carefully choosing my words. He thinks for a minute before smiling at me.

"What do they make you feel?" he asks sitting on my bed and patting the spot next to him. I sit as my mind races for an explanation.

"The first one, they make me feel safe and positive all the time. The second one, they're risky, they have this dark and mysterious aura around them but they've also shown me a softer side. One no one thought they possessed. Dad, I don't know who I really like between them" I look at my dad with pleading eyes. He sighs and patting my lap.

"Here's the thing kiddo. When it comes to the matters of the heart, no one else can decide but you. Whoever makes you the happiest baby girl" he kisses my temple then we walk downstairs to meet Ronnie who smiles brightly at me. "It's nice to meet you Veronica" dad holds out his hand to Ronnie who shakes it politely.

"Nice to meet you too Mr Walker" she responds before looking at me, her brown eyes twinkling.

"Well then. You girls should go. It's a long drive. Have her home by 10" dad says and I kiss him in the cheek before we walk to the waiting car.

"You look beautiful Eunice" Ronnie says almost lovingly and that's when I find the answer to my question.

"Thanks. You look beautiful too" I reply before looking out of the window.

As I walk with Ronnie to the garden, I can hear the music from afar and I get excited. I always look forward to the school dances; it's a fun event with dancing and all that. My eyes take in the beautiful garden, I mean I was part of the preparations but I never thought it'll be this beautiful especially during night time. I see my friends and the rest of the council and walk right to them.

"Oh my god, you are so pretty" Aileen says with a big smile.

"Thanks Ai. You're pretty yourself" I tell her and she just laughs.

"I know. I always look good" she says and gets eyes roll from all of us. "Wow, you two look amazing together" she adds looking at Ronnie and me. I thank her politely and meet Rilee's eyes. We get into an easy conversation about the dance, the events that are about to happen and our excitement for everything of course. Rilee suddenly nods at something behind me making me turn back to wherever she was nodding.

"Woah" I hear Aileen's date say.

"Well, what do you know? The devil does look good in red and black" Nadia says as we watch Mavis, Julia and two unfamiliar faces walk to a table across from us. It wasn't just us who stared at the four new arrivals; every student was looking at them. Even some of the guys whistle at the girls and the girls swoon over the guy.

"She is hot" Nadia and Rilee's dates say in unison getting an eyebrow raised from them. I look and study them. The guy has brown hair with green eyes and he was wearing a white button down shirt with a gray vest. The girl also has brown hair and green eyes, her hair was pulled up, her dress was a gray tube that hugged her body showing her curves. Julia's blonde hair was pulled into a loose bun; she's wearing a baby blue backless dress. Then my eyes finally meet the devil herself. Mavis' long wavy hair stayed down, her dress was a tight one shoulder dress that showed how toned her body truly is.