Chapter 10 (Preparations for the Fall Dance)

-Eunice's POV-

            I walk with Ronnie to my locker. She came to my house with a sad look and asked if she did anything wrong, after reassuring her that she didn't do anything we went out on another date but I'm not sure anymore about my feelings. I listen half-heartedly as she talks about the upcoming dance when brown hair catches my eyes as the owner pass by me without even a single glance. She was walking with Julia with some papers, no doubt from the student body regarding about the fall dance.

"So, you wanna go to the dance with me?" I hear Ronnie asks me, I look back at her with a smile.

"I would love to" I tell her and she leans in to kiss me when Mavis' voice rings out.

"The student council are holding a meeting for the dance. If you're done making out, come to the room" her voice was cold and guarded. I lean away and glare at Mavis who just raises an eyebrow at me before turning around and walking to the student council room.

"Leave it to Mavis to ruin the moment" Ronnie whispers.

"Y-yeah" I agree half-heartedly. "I have to go. I'll see you later" I tell her before walking to the council's room where everyone was already sitting and talking ideas. Aileen, Nadia and Rilee greet me.

"So, you better spill. I heard you and Ronnie almost kissed" Nadia grins while I feel warmth spreading to my cheeks.

"So nice of you to join us Ms Walker" Mavis starts getting all our attention. She was in front with Julia. "I thought you'd be too busy with my sister" she adds looking pointedly at me. I glare at her, she always has a way to irk me and here I thought I was beginning to like her- woah hold it right there! Did I just seriously say that? Oh crap.

"Eunice" Mavis' takes me out of my thoughts. "If it's not too much to ask. Will you please stop thinking about my idiot sister and focus on the dance?" she sighs exasperatedly. I blush as the others look at me questioningly and knowingly. "Okay, do any of you have any suggestion for the dance?" she questions and everyone throws ideas at her which were turned down or rejected by Mavis. "Really? Come on people. Think of something nice" she stands up and challenges everyone when the only guy of the committee raises his hand albeit hesitantly. I don't blame him Mavis was more edgy than usual.

"H-how about a garden themed dance?" Theo says.

"Explain" Mavis demands while Julia raises an eyebrow.

"W-well, there's this place I know. It's an open garden and they have fall flowers and a stage. All we gotta do is set up some lights and tables" he says and I can see Mavis thinking about this.

"I like it" Julia perks up followed by the agreement of the others. "Think about it Mavis. It's an open garden. We can see the stars, the trees and they have fall flowers" Julia states.

"Okay. Meet me at my house after school for the final planning" Mavis dismisses us and everyone gets out.

I sit in class thinking about my confusing feelings for Mavis. One moment I feel like I'm swooning over her the next, she pisses me so much I want to strangle her. I let out a long sigh which made Rilee notice me.

"What's up?" she asks innocently.

"Can I tell you something?" I reply and wait for her to nod, once she did I open my mouth to let out my thoughts when Mavis comes in with Julia and they take their seats.

"Come on, let's go to the girl's restroom" she takes my hand and drags me to the girl's restroom closing the door after checking all the stalls. "Alright, spill" she says leaning on the sink. I take a deep breath racking my brain for words to tell my best friend about the truth.

"I'm confuse" I start and gets a 'go-on' look from her. "You know I like Ronnie right?"

"Yeah but I'm sensing a but..." Rilee gestures for me to continue. I open and close my mouth for a couple of times when her eyes widen and her lips curl into a huge smile. "Oh my god! You like Mavis!" she exclaims happily. "I knew it!" she adds.

"What?! No!" I answer too quickly to be true. "I don't like Mavis. What?!" yeah that's convincing.

"Eunice, I've seen the way you look at her. Even before the camping trip, you always had this ghost of a smile whenever she's around. I brushed it off but then came the camping trip and after that you always look at Mavis" Rilee explains and I groan.

"Am I that obvious?" I ask. Rilee chuckles shaking her head and patting the spot beside her. I walk to the sink and lean back as well as Rilee wraps a comforting arm around my shoulders.

"Oh sweetie, I'm your best friend, I notice things others don't. Don't worry, you're not that obvious but a friendly warning. Tone down the toner" she teases making me slap her arm lightly as she chuckles. "The better question is who do you like more?" she asks as I sigh and rest my head in her shoulder. I look at her and she smiles sympathetically at me, I smile back at her before closing my eyes and thinking of her question.