Chapter 5 - Meet the Borthwick-Jacksons

Start from the beginning

"Dad, please talk to Mom before she makes me nervous." I requested.

They started talking before I put in my headphones to try and calm me down.

Skip to Amy's audition

"Hi, what is your name and how old are you?" Shawn asked me.

"I am Amy Borthwick-Jackson and I am 16 years old."

"What will you be singing for us today?" Becky monotonously asked me.

"I will be singing Shower by yourself Becky" 

Skip to judges comments

Justin starts by saying "Becky, if you sang shower like that for the original, I would have brought the song." Becky hits Justins arms in annoyance.

Shawn adds, "There were a few missed beats but I really liked the range of notes you used". I have heard that Shawn is the mean one out of the four.

"Like the others said I love your vocal range, that will be extrememly hard to top." Willow adds on.

"Wow, where does a voice like that come from?" Becky asks in shock.

"My Mom" I answer with a tiny bit of sass but hesitantly at the same time.

"Is she here?" Shawn asks with some doubt in his mind.

"My whole family are here, I think this will be too much for my mom as she had been feeling weird since we stepped foot in the stadium, where we knew it wasn't being used for Baseball".

"She definitely was a musician, because this is like the ultimate retirement home for artists since 20 years ago." Becky adds sounding like a lecture.

Shawn calls over a producer to call a quick break after I had heard my decision. 

Becky says "as you sang my song I think that I can vote on behalf of the other three. I am going to say yes for all four of us."

I say thank you for listening, but then I hear Shawn and Willow arguing with Becky over what she just said, so I walk off stage minding my own business.

I quickly caught up with my family with Christina and Arron hugging my legs with my parents giving me a hug where I noticed Dad had put his hand on Mom's butt.

I quicky say "Dad! I don not need anymore siblings, trying to turn on mom." I punch is left arm.I hear Nathan laughing in the background at what I said. Arron and Christina quickly let go of my legs after that.

"Get your head out of the gutter, remember you are the one grounded" I quickly said to Nathan

"Shots FIRED!" Vladamir and Nicole say at the same time, making me and Nathan laugh for a minute before Becky taps my back before saying "Amy, thanks for the cover,I appreciate it".

"Your welcome, let me introduce you to my family."

I introduced to her to everyone in my family but I left out my mom on purpose. She didn't look too happy to see Becky and Shawn but she was happy to see Justin. 

I saw my mom scowl over Becky, then at Shawn for a quick moment, before she decided to be civil.  

"Mom, this is Becky, Becky this is my mom Dinah Jane". "Shawn this is My mom Dinah Jane, Mom this is..." He sternly interrupted me saying "We have met each other in the past, before you were born". 

"Justin, do you need a vocal coach for one of your signed artist?"I asked him

"Yes, I have been searching for one for a long time. My mom wants to be a vocal coach and she did sing for a living before she had my brother Nathan". I tell Justin.

Later that evening at the Borthwick-Jackson Family home

Dinah POV

"Amy, time to go to sleep soon." I shout out before going going upstairs.

Knock Knock Knock "Amy, can I come in?" after knocking three times on her door.

"Come in mom". I hear Amy shout.

"Amy I want to congratulate you for today but I also want to tell you that Justin phoned me and said that he wants me in his LA studio tomorrow for an interview".

"That's great mom, thank me for your advertisement" she said like I would if I was being sassy.

She then says "I saw you give dirty looks to Becky and Shawn today".I felt really guilty that I did that infront of her but I would have gone further if I was alone with them or if I was with Cameron. "What was that about?" she sternly asked me.

"Well, you know about Fifth Harmony right?" she slowly nods without conviction in what I said.

"Well aunt Mila dated this boy (man now), who is now in prison (AN: this is Dorito boy we are talking about) he said that him and aunt Mila were not dating and his first girlfriend was Becky". "Ok, you couldn't put a 30 year old little grudge behind you mom for like, 10 minutes?" she said in an angry tone as she knew that her chances of winning were hindered because of her mom.

"Not exactly, as that was the first time I met Becky since the incident happened."

"What about Shawn?"

"Yet again it has to do with Aunt Mila, she went behind our backs and made I Know What You Did Last Summer with Shawn, that annoyed us, and that delayed our first single from the second album of ours. "

"Then, after that she had been out to many parties without the four of us, she didn't even invite us to her 18th and 19th birthday party and we were on tour with her. She was mainly out with Shawn when we wanted to go to the studio and make music. We could have released 1 more album, if we added all the time she was out without us."

"When she came and told us that she was going out with him, we knew she was more with him than with us recording or rehearsing. We had our own time to do whatever we wanted, but Camila decided to do that during our recording time. When we heard that they were dating, and when we met him we all had a go at them both and he didn't like it."

"So in this case, he holds a 30 year grudge against me."

"Is that a good enough explanation for you Amy?" I asked her in a quiet but stern tone.

"Yes that is mom, thank you for taking the time to explain it? Goodnight Mom" she said in an innocent but comprehending tone.

"Goodnight Sweetie" I reply.

AN: I hate this ending.