2. Exposure

Please READ this before proceeding to read this chapter, I'm tired of some of the comments I'm getting on this part:

This is not your average Urban story. There is a twist. I don't want to see any comments comparing this to any other story or particular movie because this is an ORIGINAL story with an ORIGINAL plot.

If you don't like it, click the back button until you're back to where you started and find a book that suits your tastes. It won't hurt me none. If you don't like it, don't comment your misguided assumptions, simply exit out of the book and MOVE ON without a word. Don't tell me that you're not going to keep reading. I. Don't. Care. I value positive comments and constructive criticism, not comments such as "wtf is this?" or "this is some -------- type shit lmfao, ew" (examples) So, if you find yourself typing out a comment like that: don't.

With that said: enjoy the chapter (:

*Added July 1st*

//7:30 AM\\

Dominic's POV

I wake up chained to a chair, unsure of where I am or how I got there but my instincts kick in immediately, my eyes scanning the room for anything I could use for a weapon or any possible escape points.

"Oh, we've taken care of all that Dominic, no need to plot your escape, it's futile."

I search for the source of the voice, noticing a shadow in the corner of the room, pacing back and forth. It doesn't sound like old dude we were talking to at Michael's place but I know he has something to do with why I'm here.

"You'll find out who I am soon enough, I think I'll just keep to the shadows for now as I try to convince you to accept the offer you were given today by Lee."

"I'm not stupid. Lee has been dead for twenty years. Y'all need to try another lie."

The voice laughs, "Oh, how innocent. Your friends are okay by the way, they won't remember that meeting or us taking you."

Michael and Lucas. There's no way they forgot about that meeting, they must have been drugged or taken along with me.

"I assure you they were unharmed. Memories altered of course, but unharmed. Taken back to their respective homes as a matter of fact."

"What type of bitch-made man kidnaps another dude to talk?"

"I assure you I'm not bitch-made young blood. Try talking down to me again and we'll have a problem."

Something tells me I ought to listen to that threat so I remain silent, trying to think of who I've had beef with lately. Anyone I do business with could have found the balls to do some shit like this.

A bloodcurdling scream interrupts my thoughts, followed by quick footsteps behind the single door of the room I'm in.

The shadow pauses mid-step, "That'll be the lovely lady. She's already cursed out a few of my men, bit the driver on the way here, and broke a leg on my best runner. We might have some use for her."

Lovely lady?

And then it clicks.

"NO!" The yell that erupts from my mouth is inhuman, my body jerking from side to side as I try to break out of my restraints. They have my babygirl and I can't even protect her.

"We don't plan to hurt her. The operative word being plan. Try something stupid and I'll be forced to do something drastic."

As he talks I'm released from my restraints, shocked half to death by the fact that someone had been standing behind me this entire time and I didn't get that usual feeling when I get when someone is in close proximity of me. This isn't the time to miss these kind of things.