Chapter 24

Louis' POV

"Hey Li lets go for a walk! We have the house to ourselves tonight, and we just spent the past two hours packing everyone's suitcases for LA."  I said.

Zayn was invited over to Mason's house for a couple hours awhile ago and Harry and Niall had a team bonding sleepover at one of the coach's houses.

"That's a great idea Lou, just like when we first got married, remember that? We would always go for sunset walks and talk about how we would have a perfect family and live in a big house, guess we got what we wanted huh?" He said as he took my hand in his and we walked out the door.

I nodded and leaned over planting a sweet kiss on his making him smile.

"I love you so much Liam."

"I love you too."

We continued walking until we heard a small whimper, I walked towards the noise until I saw a cold, wet, and muddy chocolate lab stuck in a bush crying. I gasped and took off my sweatshirt and freed the pup who couldn't be more than a couple weeks old and wrapped him up.

"Poor thing, let's take him home to give him a bath and then something to eat." Liam said.

I nodded and scooped the puppy in my arms, he didn't seem to be hurt, just very very weak. I held him close not caring if I got a little wet or muddy and walked back to the house with Liam.

"I'm going to give him a quick bath, can you cut up some leftover hamburger or something to feed him and get a bowl of water Li?"

"Sure thing Lou."

I smiled and went upstairs to the guest bathroom that no one really uses and placed the puppy inside, I filled it with warm water and he loved it. He would run back and forth in the tub splashing everywhere and wagging his tail. Once he finished I grabbed an old dry towel and sat him down on it before taking Liam's blow dryer and drying him off. He was all warm and fuzzy and started running around the bathroom cutely. I chuckled and picked him and took him downstairs to where Liam was waiting on the back porch with a bowl of water and some kibble with some meat mixed into it.

"I found some leftover kibble from when we babysat the next door neighbors dog last year." Liam said.

I nodded and smiled sitting down next to the puppy ruffling his fur as he ate.

"Let's go make dinner while he finishes eating!" I said.

Liam followed me after making sure the puppy couldn't leave the porch and we went into the kitchen to start making dinner.

"So what are we gonna do with him?" Liam asked.

Zayn's POV

Mason's mom just dropped me off and I was about to walk into the kitchen when I heard Dad and Papa talking.

"Well we can't keep him here any longer Liam."

"Oh but Louis those brown eyes, we can't very well just send him onto the streets!"

"We can put him in a home, or maybe someone else will want him?"

I quietly gasped to myself, were they talking about me? Did I really screw up that much that they didn't want me anymore? I decided to wait it out and I went upstairs to my room where I found all of my clothes packed in a suitcase on my bed. What the hell? They already have my stuff packed ready for me to go? I sighed and sat down really confused about this whole thing, I absolutely did not want to be put in a home so there was only one thing left to do. Run.