Chapter 16

Zayn's POV

It's been a month since I've come back and me and Carson have been hanging out a lot more, whenever he gets home from school he always come over and we play x box, or watch movies, or sometimes we just talk. I ended up telling him all about what happened with my birth parents and he was nothing but supportive. We still haven't talked about the kiss, I don't want to bring it up and make him uncomfortable because what if he regrets it? I asked dad and he said to let things happen, I'm in sixth grade so I don't need to worry.

I was watching TV after finishing my school work when the doorbell rang, that must be Carson! I ran up and opened the door smiling at him, he gave a nervous smile back, I don't know why though he's been coming over for awhile.

"Hey Carson, how was boring regular school?"

"Boring."

I laughed and grabbed his arm taking him to the kitchen.

"My dad and Papa went out so we're stuck making food ourselves, but on the bright side Niall and Harry are at football so we are annoying older brother free!"

Carson laughed and then sat down while I found something for us to eat. I grabbed a bag of chips and two cans of fruit punch and gave one to Carson before he followed me to the living room. We sat there and just decided to talk since we haven't seen each other all weekend.

No One's POV

Liam and Louis just got home from grocery shopping and Louis was about to put away the groceries when he heard Carson and Zayn talking. Of course Louis being the nosy one he is decided to eavesdrop on their conversation like any father should, right?

"So tell me about this adoption thing, I mean I know your story, but how does it make you feel now?" Carson.

Louis was now really curious to hear this answer and  Liam was too because he was standing right behind Louis listening.

"Well it sucks at first, because when your first taken out of your house you're super grateful but scared because your first thought is that you're homeless. I was lucky enough to get My Dad and Papa the first day because I would end up going to an orphanage since there were no other foster homes."

"What about now?" Carson again asked.

"What do you mean?"

"How do you feel now?"

"It's amazing I couldn't be happier, but I can't help but feel so out of place sometimes, they tell me I'm their real son and that they love me just as much but they didn't raise me, heck they haven't even had me for a year, I mean how could they love me as much as Niall and Harry, I'm not upset by it I mean it's just a normal human thing, take your little sister for example, she's had her blanket forever, if you tried to give her a new one would she love it as much as the old one?"

"I think she'd grow to love the new one just as much."

"I don't even care about that part though, it just sucks feeling like you're staying in a hotel, Niall and Harry's parents signed papers that they can't get their children back my parents didn't, they could fight for custody whenever they get out of jail, they just have so much more powers ban they should have, and I love My dad and papa I never want to leave again but it may "permanent" but it's never going to permanent until my parents are dead."

"If it makes you feel better Liam and Louis won't let you go anywhere."

"Thanks," Zayn half smiled.

Louis POV

I was shocked at what I was hearing I turned around and walked to the kitchen and sat down with my head in my hands.