Chapter 9

Zayn's POV

Papa just dropped us off at school and I'm so nervous, I haven't seen Ryan or his crew yet but I'm sure I will at some point during the day but I'm just going to take Dad's advice and not let them get to me, just keep to myself and try to make some friends.

I made my way to English and sat down in my new seat to be met by a kid with dirty blonde hair and green eyes.

"Hey I'm Mason!"

"I'm Zayn," I smiled shyly.

"Oh yea you're the new kid, if you don't have anywhere to sit at lunch there's an empty spot at our table if you're interested," he offered.

"I'd love to!"

I smiled and then the bell rang and our teacher handed out the assignment to all of us, it came to lunch time and I sat with Mason and he introduced me to his friends Angie and Carson.

"Hey I'm Angie!"

"I'm Zayn."

I smiled and shook her hand and then looked over at Carson.

"Hey I'm Carson."

"I'm Zayn."

I smiled and as I shook his I felt butterflies in my stomach, I just ignored it and sat down with them and we talked about random things like TV shows and different classes and I was so excited to have new friends. It neared the end of the day and all I could think about was Carson, I mean I didn't like him right? I just pushed the thought away as Papa's car showed up and we all got in.

"How was school boys?"

"It was so great Papa I made three friends today and I didn't even see Ryan today!"

"That's great Zee! What about you Ni?"

"It just so happens that I have a girlfriend!"

"Oh boy, me and your father expect her to be invited over for dinner one night so we can meet her, what about you Haz?"

"I got a perfect score on my history test!"

"That's my boy! Looks like everyone had a great day today so I guess that means brownies for dessert?"

I nodded my head excitedly because Papa makes the best brownies ever. We got home and we all walked into the kitchen to greet Dad who had our afternoon snacks.

"Lou were having brownies tonight!"

"Ooh what's the occasion Li?"

"Haz got a perfect score on his history test, Ni got a girlfriend, and Zayn made three friends today!" Papa said.

"Wow we've got some amazing boys on our hands Li!"

Dad passed out cut up apples and peanut butter to everyone and we started eating and one by one everyone left until it was just me and Dad and I couldn't stop thinking about Carson, I think I like him but I just don't know.

"What are thinking about bub?" Dad asked.

"How did you know that you liked boys Dad?" I asked without even thinking.

"Well for me I was never interested in girls, I was always looking at boys ever since I was a kid but I think I really knew when I met Papa in high school."

"How did you know that you liked him?"

"Well whenever I was around him I would get butterflies in my tummy like the ones you had this morning before coming to school and I would always have the best time when I was around him so I just kind of knew right away, where are all these questions coming from baby?"