Chapter 19

Zayn's POV

It's two days before the dance and I'm more than excited, Harry and Dad have been helping me with ideas for what I should wear and Papa and Niall are convinced that they need to teach me how to dance but I honestly feel bad telling them that they can't dance at all. I decided to go with Dad to the store so I got in the car and waited for him to show up.

"Okay let's go, I should really only fill the house with healthy things so you guys wouldn't eat everything as much and I would have to go to the store less often."

"Daddy let's not make drastic decisions!"

He chuckled and started the car pulling out of the driveway.

"Okay Zee, write this down for me, we need to get bread, pasta, chicken, chips, water bottles, apples, lettuce, and anything we see that we need."

I nodded and wrote everything down and showed it to him when we got to a red light.

"Funny, I don't remember saying fruit punch, cookies, and brownie mix."

"Well you said anything we might need, this is a might need."

"You're just like your Papa!" He said making me smile.

"That's not a bad thing," I said cheekily.

He reached over ruffling my hair and then turned into the parking lot when the light turned green. We got out of the car and went inside and I started to shiver because it was freezing. Dad saw me and unzipped his sweatshirt handing it to me.

"You can use my sweatshirt, I have a long sleeve on."

"Thanks daddy."

I smiled and put on the sweatshirt that was already warm inside because Dad was wearing it before. We made our way through the aisles grabbing things we needed and me grabbing things we didn't need but Dad still said yes to them.

"Oh daddy we need these!" I said grabbing a box of mini cherry pies.

"Zee those are nothing but sugar."

"But they're Papa's favorite, he always has them with milk, he says it's a perfect cure after a long day!"

"Fine we can get them."

I smiled and put them in the cart and dad ruffled my hair.

"Papa is feeding some crazy things into your mind isn't he."

"He says they're the most important life lessons!"

Dad rolled his eyes and we made our way to checkout and paid for everything then went to the car. I helped dad put everything in the trunk and then we started the drive home, when got there I once again helped dad with the bags and we got inside to Papa in the kitchen.

"Li, I don't how but he is just like you." Dad said.

"How so?" Papa asked while picking me up and tickling my sides.

"He was adding things to the shopping list, and he insisted on getting you those cherry pies that are full of sugar, and then he proceeded to bring up your amazing life lessons."

"That's my boy!"

I giggled and Papa continued to tickle me and then I got a text from Carson telling me to meet him at the park.

"Papa, Daddy can I go to the park?"

"Sure baby, just be back soon."

"Okay, bye!"

I ran out the front door and made my way to the park but I saw something that I did not expect to see there, Carson was kissing another boy.

"C-Carson?"