Chapter 11 *After Exam

Chapter 11 << After Exam

“10 minutes left.” Professor Welkins announced as he glance at his watch, while sitting at his chair professionally.

Shocks! 10 minutes left. I still have five questions left unanswered. I can’t possibly answer all this by ten minutes. Even more the problems are too long, and I’m too lazy to read all of it much more to my dismay I can’t understand it if I’m not carefully reading it. What am I going to do?

I’m starting to get out of control. Ugh… I hate it when they always rush you especially that this is an examination.

Okay, calm down Stacey. Calm down. This won’t help you if you start panicking.

Breathe…

Breathe…

After 9 minutes…

“Finalize you answers everyone.” said the Professor, standing up on his seat and started roaming around the room checking each rows.

Oh shut up! You’re pressuring me too much Professor, I curse to myself. Don’t you know that if you always tell us the minutes left we will start to panic? Didn’t you experience that when you were a student back then?

Oh, right. You’re smart that’s why you are not pressured. I hate people who are like that; they don’t even consider people who are slow. Goodness, I still have two questions left.

I can feel the atmosphere becoming heavy. I guess they are also panicking; it’s not much of a shock considering he always reminds us the minutes left. I hate it when they tell you the time every 5 minutes or so. I just want to stand up in my seat and yell at him.

“Times up.” says the Professor as he started with the first row trying to collect the papers in front. “All papers in.”

Man, I didn’t finish calculating. Err, I just have to guess aren’t I.

Here goes nothing.

Let’s see now… Um, I choose letter a, I scribbled down the letter of my choice on the blank before the number. Okay next is… I’ll choose letter c then. I wrote down the answer again on the blank before the number.

There, I just hope I got it right.

I really don’t have luck in choosing the letters out of the blue unlike some people even if it’s just a game, I still don’t get it right. I always lose and have to do the consequences. They just rely on their instinct like it’s very easy and just write it down. And when the results are up, they could get as half of the overall exam.

Pretty amazing, right?

After scribbling down the letters, I handed my test paper from the person in front of me and so as the other papers that are behind my row.

Phew!

Exams are over! Finally!

I grabbed my things and shoved it in my bag when I felt a presence standing beside me.

“Hey,” I said as I look up with a small smile.

“So how was the exam?” Kenneth asks as he waits for me.

Yup, it’s really Kenneth who is talking to me and I ain’t dreaming about this. We are finally talking to each other, imagine that. I can’t believe it for myself that we can finally talk to each other normally, well not really normally.

There are still times when I get shy whenever I talk to him especially when were both silent or when were out of topic. Thankfully, Matt is there to ease the tension between us and starts to talk about random things. I’m pretty amazed that he can think of a topic pretty fast.