Chapter 8 *Mission to Avoid Him

Chapter 8<< Mission to Avoid Him

“Okay, so that’s it for today. Class dismissed.” The professor finally said as he went out of the room. The students began packing their things and go outside as they talk about the project.

“So your partner will be Jayden.” Marie spoke softly as if she meant to say that just for herself while she clutches her bag on her shoulder. She wasn’t even looking at me as she talks. I have a bad feeling about this.

“Yeah, I never imagine that he will be my partner.” I replied still not believing that he would be my partner of all people as we walk towards the door. I tried to be normal as possible, a normal conversation.

“Who’s your partner again?” I ask not remembering if her name was even called while I was busy staring at the guys a while ago.

“Daren, one of his friends.” She answered as she twist the door knob and open the poor. The warm breeze suddenly met my skin as I step out the room. All the rooms here at our University are air condition so it’s pretty amazing.

Unlike some universities, you have to add additional payment if you want to have you room air condition. They only tolerate air conditioner in computer laboratory and that really suck considering if it’s summer.

“Oh,” I nodded. Then someone stood in front of us making us stop walking. It’s Jayden and his buddies.

“Hey,” I smiled. Marie looks away as if to avoid conversing with him.

“Um, this must be late considering you already know my name.” he said looking away like he was being shy or something as he scratch the nape of his neck. “I want to properly introduce myself. I’m Jayden and your Stacey right?” he reached out his hand to shake me.

“Yup that’s me.” I said proudly, nodding at myself confidently at the name he had spoken given that my parents name me that as I shaking his hands.

“And I’m Daren.” The cheery guy chimes in as he pop beside me giving me a big smile.

“Hello.” I greeted with a small smile on my lips.

“And this is Bobby and Carlos.” said Daren as he pointed at the both of respectively at the mention of their names. They didn’t really respond and just look at me. So I just wave at them as my greetings.

“Oh and this is my best friend Marie.” I grab Marie’s arm forcefully holding it tightly so she won’t escape. She slowly looks up and gave them a small sweet smile. They smiled back at her but Bobby didn’t really return the gesture as he completely ignored her.

I guess it’s not that easy to forgive a person when you hurt the person closes to you. Just like what Marie is doing for me.

“Well then we should probably go now,” Jayden blurted as he pointed the direction they were heading.

“Uh yeah sure, we should probably go too.”

“Talk to you later Stacey,” Daren wave his hand as they walk the opposite direction of us.

~*~

Thursday came and I was able to finished copying the notes of my classmate in MATH14. And I was able to understand the lesson through the help of my big brother who just came back for a short visit.

He has different school than I do, and he’s major is Engineering so he’s really good at math and I was thankful that he gladly tutored me for the past two days.

“Bye mom, dad.” I approach them to kiss them on their cheek.

“Bye sweetie,” mom said with a gentle smile.

“Take care,” says dad as he started to read again the newspaper.

“Bye Dave,” I called his attention before I leave as he went down the stairs and towards the kitchen.

“Bye,” he yawned while waving his hand. I close the door behind me and started to walk at the morning smell on the road. It feels great to walk on the road early morning and smell the fresh air that can make your mind at ease.

After a few minutes of walking noramally, I gradually slowed down as I was getting close to the blue house that I was about to pass by. It was Kenneth’s house. We live in the same subdivision so we’re like neighbors.

We’ve been neighbors since the day he transferred to our school. I never thought that he was the new neighbor in the subdivision. And that was when we first met and talk to each other. I accidentally bump into him when I was not looking at the road because I was busy admiring the cool breeze and my headphone was up on my ears.

Our house from his our four houses apart, that which was a bit far from each other also so he was always the one who arrives first and we never get to go to school together not that I don’t want it though.

It’s just that, he was still new and I’m not really good with communicating especially when you have nothing to talk to. Well, maybe you have but I don’t know how to start the conversation.

I sighed reminiscing the past that will always be carved in my heart and head and nothing can possibly erase that memory out of me.

Ever since that day- Monday happened I’ve been very cautious at my steps every morning to see if there are any signs of him coming out of the house or something. I hardly ever saw his parents coming out of the house early morning, maybe their work start at noon.

Every time I pass at his house the scene at that time will gradually role back and play inside my head a hundred times. Then my heart will start to ache and I feel like crying but I force myself to stop crying so as not to make a gloomy face when going to school.

I always try to make myself be preoccupied at things even though sometimes I get tired of it but I work hard so that I won’t remember that incident but every once in a while it keeps coming back to me like it’s haunting me or something especially when I’m alone like right now.

I also try my best to avoid him as possible though at times I felt like he wants to talk to me. I can’t face him, now that the painful feeling inside me is still fresh and I don’t even know if I still have the courage to forgive him or maybe even love him. But still, somewhere inside my heart was telling me that I still love him. I can’t also try to hate him.

I observe the house and rely on my instinct if I sense a presence coming from the house. When the coast is clear I hurriedly dash all the way to the gate in case my instincts betray me.

I got to school safe and sound. I went straight ahead to my first class and sat quietly waiting for the Professor to come. And the routine to avoid Kenneth started again.

~~~

Sorry if it's quite short. -_-

I hope you like it though. :)

Vote, Comment and Share <3