Chapter 5 *Shattered

Chapter 5<< Shattered

Early Monday morning they all watched the video coverage of Marie’s debut. Almost all of them don’t have class in the morning so they decided to watch it early. And I on the other hand, have classes the whole day so lucky me I didn’t have to watch it again. They kept insisting me that I should watch with them.

Speaking of the video coverage yesterday after watching it, Kenneth’s words kept repeating around my head a hundred times, the words I love you too and you’re beautiful Stacey. I didn’t get much sleep last night but thankfully I did still sleep thanks to the rain. And also thanks to the alarm clock who woke me up just in time. I’m not much of a hard sleeper.

At school, I’ve had been so carried away that I didn’t realized I’d been spacing out for a while. I look around and saw my classmates were paying attentively to the Professor. I sighed in relief that Professor Leila hasn’t caught me spacing out in her class. She has a very good eye sight and can sense the students if they are doing something else instead of listening to her plus I heard that the consequences of not listening are really harsh so as much as possible I’m always careful enough not to be caught by her.

I tried to catch up on what she’s discussing and jot down notes because Math14 – Mathematics of Investment was slightly new to me when something vibrated in my jeans pocket. Then it occurred to me that I put my phone in my jeans, normally I don’t put my phone in my jeans pocket I always put it inside my bag so no one can disturb me when I’m in class.

I quietly took out my phone and find out whom texted me. It was from Marie. I open it,

Meet me later at the cafeteria. Let’s go eat together. J

I assumed they finished watching the video coverage. I wonder how it went.

Did her friends laugh at me on the video?

Did Kenneth comment on it?

Did Kenneth laugh?

Did Kenneth pity me?

Did Kenneth… I sighed

All these thoughts were swirling around my head and I can’t concentrate any longer from what the Professor was teaching. I wish class would end already so I could ask Marie for details.

I glanced at my wrist watch and it read 11:00 am. I still have one hour left before my lunch break. I sighed again. Why can’t time go faster now when you need it so badly?

~*~

Three minutes before 12:00.

“Okay class, next week will be your midterm exam so be sure to study well. Good Luck” Professor Leila said. Then the bell rang. “That’s all, you’re dismissed.”

Whew! Finally, it’s over. I have to borrow notes later from my classmates so I could review it later but in the meantime I have to go to where Marie is. I quickly shove my notebook and ballpen in my bag and slung it over my shoulder. I then rushed straight to the door and before I could even twist the knob someone open it from the other side.