Castiel Smell of Cookies

Walking around the bunker you've become sort of a mascot for the brothers and their angel, well your angel. You help Dean clean the guns and make sure the blades are sharp. Sam lets you help with doing research because you find a few things quicker than he does. When Castiel shows up you mainly go see places and hang out. You'll never forget the first time you kissed. He flew you away to Paris and you gazed across at the Eiffel tower. At night it was all lit up and glorious. He wrapped his arms around you from the back and kissed your cheek. You giggled and looked over at him to which he kissed you on the lips.

You loved your guys and would do anything for them. Once in a while you cooked and even perfected some pie recipes. Always keeping plenty of greens on hand for Sam. Some mornings you slept in but others you got up early with Sam to go for a run. When all three of them got together were fun times. Your smile couldn't go away and when stories were being told, you took mental notes.

When they were away were lonely times. You filled your time with hobbies but you mainly thought about Castiel. You wondered what they were doing and if he was okay. You sighed that off and thought to yourself of course he's fine. However, that didn't stop you from praying to him every night. You didn't pray for anything big just that everyone watched out for each other and came home in one piece. You couldn't wait to see them all again, two weeks was a long wait but Dean always put his foot down with taking you with them.

So you practiced more in the gun range and learning to string your own bow. You even ordered and had a new strap for your knife you hid at your ankle. There was something that comforted you about having it around, close to you. Also it was a reminder of your past when you would have given anything to have a blade on you. So you always make sure you do.

Your phone rang so you dropped the book you were reading and picked it up. Smiling as you answered, "hi Sam." "Hey so one more night on the road and we should be back in the morning. Also if you could have some eggs and bacon waiting for Dean I'd really appreciate it." "No problem Sam let me know when your close." "Will do." You set the phone down and looked across the room. "Must have been a tough one cause Sam barely makes requests." You go back to your book and read a few more chapters.

Going to bed that night you looked to the ceiling and smiled. "Cas I hear that your done with the case and on your way back. I'm so excited to see you." You pictured his face and his strong jaw. When you first met it wasn't under the best of circumstances but nothing ever is when your running for your life. Castiel, your knight in shining armor. When you got pinned down in an alley you saw your knife sticking in the heart of one of the men and you wondered what was keeping him going. They just stared at you as they moved closer. You scrambled for another weapon and picked up a piece of metal pipe. Raising it up you hit one across the face and the other two laugh.

Flexing your fingers under the pipe you square your shoulders to give that pipe another swing. Then one of the mad men lit up like a light bulb from his mouth and eyes and fell to the ground. The other two were trapped and were scared. You stared as the man put his hand to their foreheads to light them up as well. You couldn't take your eyes off him. Watching the bodies fall to the ground he turned his attention to you.

"Th... thanks," you managed out. He only nodded and started to turn. "Wait! What are you?" He looked over his shoulder, "I'm an angel of the lord." He turned a little more, "these men were demons," he looked you in the eyes, "you are safe now." Such simple words for him to say that put you completely at ease. You dropped the pipe, "What's your name?" "Castiel." You held out your hand, "thank you Castiel." He tilted his head slightly and took your hand. His hand was warmer than you thought it would be and lost in his.

When he let your hand go you watched as he took off. For a while when you got lonely you looked to the stars and smiled. You hoped that angel was watching over you. Fast-forward a few months and while visiting family in another state you were a witness to something strange. While being questioned by two sharply dressed men sitting across from you on the sofa. The one who introduced himself as Sam had a winning smile and really emphasized with what you saw. You thought they'd think you were crazy. The other one talked first and said his name was Dean.