30. So I can't shoot him again

Start from the beginning

"Nah I'm good."

"How did you even get in here?"

"I know how to pick locks." I scoff. "You have a crappy lock by the way."

"The lock has two passwords and a fingerprint scanner before you can even put the key in." He deadpans.

"Yeah, a crappy lock."

He glares at me and huffs slightly, crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance.

"Since we're talking about how we did things...how did you get out of the handcuffs?" I question, and his eyes narrow even more.

"Why do you care? You're the one who left me handcuffed to the damn hospital bed after I told you I'd help you!" He shouts, throwing his hands in the air in frustration. "The only reason I'm not going to ring your neck is because I hate my family slightly more than you."

"Gee thanks, I feel so loved," I mutter sarcastically, turning away from him and back to the fridge. A gun loads.

I sigh. "I'm getting really tired of you pointing guns at me."

"I'm not the one pointing the gun." I turn and see Zack holding his hands up over his head as Chase places the barrel of his gun into the back of Zack's head.

"Why is he here?"

"This is my house." Zack grits out.

"You brought us to his house? The house of the enemy?" Chase asks accusingly.

I shrug. "Put the gun away, he's agreed to help us."

"I don't trust him."

"You sound like Devin." I make eye contact with Zack. "Go ahead."

He doesn't half to be told twice, as he whirls around quickly and swings his arm out, knocking the gun away from Chase and kicking it over to me. I pick it up from the floor and place it on the counter.

"You know when I said I'd help that didn't mean you get to use my house as your base of operations," Zack growls. "I gave you a list of safe houses."

"I didn't like any of them," I reply.

"You're infuriating."

"Thanks." Another gun loads. "Cody put it away."

"Why is he here?" He questions.

"Again, this is my freaking house," Zack mutters. His arm shoots out and snatches the gun tossing it to me and I place it next to Chase's. Two more guns load, I roll my eyes.

"Seriously, enough with the damn guns!" Zack roars. A gunshot goes off and Zack lets out a shout of pain as he grabs at his arm.

I look over at Devin and Jason as Zack sneers at them, clutching his arm, blood seeping through his fingers.

"Which one of you fired?" I question threateningly.

Devin looks like a deer caught in headlights. He throws his gun at Jason who catches it on instinct.

He laughs nervously. "Not me, I mean I don't even have a gun." He holds his hands up in surrender. Zack takes a threatening step towards him. I place a hand on his chest.

"If we're all going to be living under the same roof we need to get along."

"You're not living in my house!" Zack shouts and I ignore him.

"So I can't shoot him again?"

"And I can't shoot him at all?" I glare at Devin and Cody.

"Can I kill him instead?" Devin questions innocently.

"No." I say firmly at the same time Zack mutters "I'm right here."

"Devin clean him up." I point to Zack.

"What why me?" He sputters.

"You're the one that shot him," I reply.

He mutters a string of curses under his breath before grabbing Zack's arm, a lot harder than necessary, and heads towards what I'm going to assume and hope is the bathroom.

I hear Zack cry out, followed closely by a splash and Devin comes waking back. I cross my arms and raise my eyebrow at him.

"What?" He questions. "You said to clean him up, what faster way is there than the pool?"

Cody and Jason snicker quietly and Chase tries hard to hold back his smile. I roll my eyes at all of them and walk towards the pool.

Zack looks up at me from the water. "I hate your friends."

"Yeah well, you'll get used to them." I stretch my arm out to help him out of the water.

"They're not staying." He mutters as he takes hold of my hand and allows me to pull him out. I smirk at him and he gives me a strange and questioning look. "What?"

I push him back in. I laugh as he surfaces again, glaring at me. I lean over the water. "Can we stay?"

"You're just going to keep pushing me in until I say yes aren't you?"

"Admit it, you'd be bored without me." He tries to fight off a smile, his good arm shoots out and grabs hold of my leg, yanking me into the pool.

I splash him when I surface. "Maybe a little bit." He says.

"Wrong answer."I shove his head back under the water.

Vote

Comment

Read

And Thanks!