30. So I can't shoot him again

Start from the beginning

"Well someone's a bit bitter," Devin says, a smug smile on his face.

"Well someone's a bit dead." I mimic his tone.

"No, I'm not."

"Not yet."

"Just drop it," Cody interjects.

"Shut up." I hiss at him.

"Yeah Cody, listen to your mother and shut up." Devin mocks. Cody glares at him and I feel his arms release me.

"I give you permission kill him," Cody tells me.

I launch off Cody and tackle Devin to the floor, trying to pry the phone from his grip. I'm finally able to take the phone and I quickly delete the photos and get to my feet.

"Alright." I toss Devin his phone. "I found a new safe house for us to use so let's get going," I announce.

"What's wrong with staying here?" Cody questions.

"We've been here long enough, and it's only a matter of time before these people figure out where we're at." Devin pipes up from the floor. "Besides, you do want your family to be safe right?" I stare at Devin, my eyes meeting his and I see a knowing look in them.

"Alright fine, I'll start packing." Cody turns and starts up the stairs, as Devin gets to his feet to follow him. I grab stick my arm out in front of him. He looks at me.

"You know," I state.

He smiles slyly. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Who told you?" I ask.

"Zero."

"He say why he didn't want me to know about the break-in?"

"No." He walks by me. "But don't worry, I didn't plan on telling them either."

"Why would he tell you of all agents?"

"Because I'm his favorite, duh." I roll my eyes and walk up the stairs in front of him, going to pack.

***

"This is our new safe house?" Jason asks, shock in his tone as he stares at the three-story mansion in front of us.

"Yep," I answer.

"How did you manage to score this as our safe house?"

"Owner's out of town for a while," I reply vaguely. "So we get to use it." I push open the door and enter the mansion. "Go ahead and explore, I have no idea where anything's at," I say as I throw my bag into the nearest couch.

They all split up to explore and likely find their new rooms. All except Jason.

"Why are you still here?" I question.

"Give him a chance."

"What?"

"You heard me." He says simply. "Like you said, you're not heartless, just cold-hearted." He turns and walks off down the hallway.

It takes me a minute to remember when I said that, and where I was. Freaking eavesdropper.

"You're as bad as Devin!" I yell after him. I hear his laugh echo down the hall.

I make my way towards the refrigerator, looking for something to eat. I hear the front door open.

"Oh hell no."

I smile innocently as I turn around to face him. "What?"

"Get the hell out of my house." He orders.