Chapter Twenty-Two: Halloween

*Louis' POV*

Halloween. It's my favorite holiday. Better than Christmas, better than my birthday (which basically is Christmas), Easter, Thanksgiving, even freaking Groundhog's Day. I love it. It's the one day where it's socially acceptable to play dress up. I haven't asked McKenna to the party yet but I'm going to as soon as she gets home.

The sound of the elevator opening filled the kitchen. Ever since we got back from the tour all the boys have been just relaxing around the flat. I heard her sneakers squeaking on the hard wood floor. That's one thing I love about her. She doesn't wear heels. I think she's afraid of them honestly. It's cute. She's herself and she isn't afraid to show people that. It's endearing.

"Lou! You'll never guess what happened!" She squealed, lifting up the grocery bags onto the counter.

"Did you remember something?" I asked excitedly. She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at the ground.

"No." She mumbled, barely audible but I heard it. I got up from my spot at the island and wrapped my arms around her. It had been three weeks since her last memory. She's given up hope, but I still haven't. I know she'll get it back, all of it. In time.

"Hey. I'm sorry. Now what were you all excited about before?" She immediately jumped out of my arms, excited again. She looked like a little kid on Christmas, or  me on Halloween.

"Well you know how I went to the market down town?" I nodded, but she barely took notice.

"Well there was a guy there and I was just going to the produce section and I was humming and he came up to me and asked me if I was McKenna Pizano. I said yes and he told me that he's seen my YouTube videos and he wants to sign me to his record label!" She started jumping up and down. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into me.

"That's so great! What record label?"

"ASYLUM RECORDS!" She screamed. "Isn't that the label that signed-"

"Ed Sheeran? YES!" She gave me another hug before running off screaming to the boys about it. I was so happy for her. This is such an amazing oppertunity. And she's so talented. She came back into the kitchen, a content look on her face.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you. There's a party tomorrow. For Halloween. Everybody's gonna be there. I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" She put her hand on her chin as if she was contemplating it. Then she broke out into an uncontrollable smile.

"Of course! I love Halloween! It's my favorite holiday besides Christmas. I love Christmas! Everything is so beautful and white and ugly sweaters and-"

"McKenna. You're rambeling again." She let out a small giggle.

"Oh! Did you know that Zayn is dating that girl from Little Mix? I think her name is like P-Pe-Penelope?"

"Perrie actually." A girl's voice sounded behind us. McKenna whipped around to meet the face of Perrie Edwards.

"Oh my goodness hi! I didn't even know you were here!" Perrie just chuckled and looked at the ground.

"Yeah, sorry for just showing up in your flat. I was just getting to know the boys. You're McKenna right?" McKenna nodded. They started talking, and they really hit it off, so I excused myself and went shopping with Niall and Harry for costumes. Zayn and Liam already got theirs. Zayn was going as a spoon to freak Liam out, and Liam was going as Woody from Toy Story.

Shortly after we got to the store, we all got our costumes. Niall was going as Christiano Ronaldo, which may be a little awkward since I heard he was gonna be there. Harry was going as a cat burgler, since he loves cats so much. I was going as a member of the mafia. When we got back to McKenna's flat, both her and Perrie were gone. I didn't think much about it, so I threw myself onto the couch in the home theatre with the boys and we started to watch a film.