Chapter Twenty-One: Hate

*McKenna's POV*

I woke up sometime in the middle of the night. Maybe 2? I don't know. Louis had put me in some kind of bunk last night after I fell asleep on the couch. I pulled back the curtain and looked around me. So I was on the top bunk. Nice. Suddenly my throat felt dry.

I hopped down from the bunk and walked into the kitchen area. The bus was pretty standard. The front area was a kitchen, complete with a fridge, cabinets, a microwave, a small stove/oven, and a sink. There was also a table right under one of the windows with couches on either side, where we eat.

If you move towards the middle of the bus, that's where the bunks were. There were three bunks on each side, six in total. Each had a blue curtain pulled across it, all except for mine. Mine was the top on the left. Under me was Harry, then Niall. Directly across from me was Louis, then Liam and finally Zayn.

Towards the back was a lounge with a few couches, a flat screen tv, a rack of CDs, DVDs, and video games.

I made my way back to my bunk, ready to get back to sleep when I heard sniffling coming from Niall's bunk. A small light was coming from behind the curtain.

I knelt down, because he was on the bottom bunk, and slowly peeled back the curtain. He scrambled to wipe the tears from his eyes, but I saw them.

It broke my heart to see him like this. Niall is the happy one. The one always laughing. The one that makes jokes when things get awkward or tension becomes apparent. The one that never has a care.

"Niall. Why are you crying?" He shook his head.

"It's nothing." I took his hand and rubbed small circles on it with my thumb.

"Come on." I pulled him out of the bunk and led him to the front area of the bus. He sat down at the table while I made some tea. After it was made, I poured two mugs and sat down across from him.

"Niall. I am your best friend right?" He nodded, taking a sip of the tea I made him.

"Then you should be able to tell me everything." He just shrugged. I took his hand in mine.

"Niall please. I want to help you." He shoved his phone across the table. It stopped right in front of me. Skeptically, I picked it up and unlocked it. It was already open to Twitter. I scrolled through his mentions, my eyes widening at each tweet.

"You don't deserve to be in One Direction #NiallNeedsToGo"  ~@Harry'sbabe_

"You aren't as talented as the others #NiallNeedsToGo"  ~1DminusNiall

"Leave the band before you make an even bigger fool of yourself #NiallNeedsToGo" ~@Tomlinson_Malik_Payne_Styles

These were just some of the few tweets that were clogging up Niall's feed. #NiallNeedsToGo was trending, along with #ByeNiall, and #1Disbetteroffwithoutyou. I looked up with sad eyes, only to meet Niall's. They were filled with tears. My heart broke all over again. I can't stand to see him like this.

"Ni-"

"Save it Mac. It's true. That's why I don't get as many solos as the others." I slammed my hands down on the table and stood up out of my seat, causing Niall to jump a little, clearly startled.

"Excuse me." I said through gritted teeth. I went to the back where my suitcase was, grabbed the first outfit I saw, and changed into the bathroom. When I was finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. I was wearing black jeans, moccasins, and a Monster's Inc. sweater. My hair was in a messy bun, pieces falling all around my face. My face. It was twisted into an infuriated scowl. I didn't look like myself. I looked crazy. All I know was that I was powered by rage.