Chapter Three: Memories and Hurt

*McKenna's POV*

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I don't remember setting my alarm last night. I reach over to turn it off when I feel painful tugging at my arms (A/N: her wires). I open my eyes, only to shut them again due to the insane brightness of my room. Slowly, I unclench my eyelids to let the light seep through tiny slits, slowly accustoming them to the light.

Eventually, when I feel brave enough, I open my eyes to a squint and take in my surroundings. Wait. Where am I? Why is everything white? Where is Anika? Why am I wearing a sweatshirt on my legs? Why do I have wires attached to every inch of my body? And what the fuck is that beeping?

I open my eyes a little more and see two figures sitting in the chairs in the corner of the room. I recognize Anika as my best friend, but the other I have no idea who he is. He is holding Anika tightly around the shoulders and she has her face buried in his chest.

"Anika?" She lifts her head off of the guys chest and stares at me with wide eyes. Wait. Woah. This guy isn't wearing a shirt.

"Oh my god sweetie! Are you okay? Do you need me to call the nurse?"

"Where am I?" is all I can muster up.

"Oh Mac, you're in the hospital. You passed out on Louis over here. If it weren't for him, who knows where you'd be right now." I glance over at the guy standing next to Anika, a worried expression on his face.

"Are you Louis?"

"Yeah," he responds, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I like your hat."

"Thanks, I liked yours when you walked into the pharmacy. It's mainly the reason I came over to talk to you. That and your hair..." His sentence trails off and a blush creeps up onto his cheeks.

"Wait... what pharmacy?"

"Uh, the one on the outskirts of London? Next to Starbucks...?" his response comes out more like a question than an answer.I whip my head to Anika.

"Why can't I remember where that is? And why can't I remember going there?" In fact, I don't remember last night at all. I rack my brain for any other information that I may not remember. But the strange thing isI find nothing. There is absolutely no information in my brain. What does that mean? Why can't I remember where I grew up? Why can't I remember where I live now? Why can't I remember my parents' names?

"Anika... I don't remember."

"Remember what?"

"Anything..."

"NURSE!" Anika shouts. I quickly shoot my hands to my ears.

"Jesus Anika. Are you trying to burst my eardrums?"

"Sorry." She mutters before running out the door.  I look down at my lap trying to figure this all out. Why can't I remember anything? I search my brain for information that I do know, which doesn't take long. My name is McKenna Pizano. I am 19 years old. My best friend's name is Anika Jackson. That's it. That's all I've got. Shit. I look up at the guy standing at my bed, watching me intensely, as if searching for something.

"So...uh...are you Anika's boyfriend or something? How do I know you?"

"Uh, no. I think Anika's boyfriend already came by to check on you guys. I think he said his name was...Jason? I don't really remember. I'm Louis. Louis Tomlinson. You passed out on me while I was talking to you in the pharmacy tonight. I brought you here."

"Why aren't you wearing a shirt?"

"They took off all your clothes and put you in a hospital gown. You kept shivering despite being unconcious so I gave you my sweatshirt."