Chapter 14

Paul and Diane were about four months into their engagement, and were beginning to plan their wedding.

It seemed like it was suppose to be an exciting and emotional thing to do with your loved ones, but it turned out to be actually quite stressful with the boys constantly working and family coming from different places.

The two were sitting in Paul's car, driving to meet their wedding planner. Diane was leaning her head against the window, happily daydreaming about her wedding day, and the days afterward. She started humming a tune to herself, drawing Paul's attention.

" That's a sweet tune you're humming. Does it have a name?" He smiled, making a turn.

" No. I'm just humming." She shrugged, chuckling.

" Well, it's farm catchy tune!" He chuckled, starting to hum along.

Soon, Paul started improvising the lyrics to the tune. " Scrambled eggs! Oh my baby how I love your legs!" He chuckled, shaking her knee.
" Not as much as I love scrambled eggs." Diane added, giggling.

" Oh, we should eat some scrambled eggs..."

" We should, shouldn't we?" She asked, rubbing her stomach hungrily.

" If you like, love! First, we have to meet with this lady."

"- Miss Ono, hon." Diane corrected.

" Right... Why do we have to plan our wedding? Why can't we just get married privately and live happily together?"

" That's what I would rather do, but everyone wants to see a wedding, so I guess this is happening." Diane sighed.

Paul scoffed and scratched his forehead. He pulled out a cigarette and a lighter.
  " Paul, don't smoke that while you're drivin'! Both hands on the wheels, mister." Diane ordered sternly.

" Babe, I'm am experienced driver. It's fine- shit!" Paul dropped the lighter onto the floor of the car. He reached down to get it, but was disrupted by an abrupt yelp.
   " Paul! Watch out!" Diane quickly grabbed onto the wheel, and turned it just in time. Paul finally had the lighter in his hand, and lit the cigarette.
" Are you serious?! I don't plan on dying before our wedding, Paul!" Diane yelled. She pulled the cigarette from his lips and threw it out the window.

" Hey! I wasn't done with that, y'know!" Paul said frowning.

" So! We nearly hit that pole over there!" Diane yelled wide-eyed. Paul sighed and rubbed her shoulder. Diane shook him off roughly and crossed her arms. " Pull over..." She said.

Paul did so, and waited for her to say something. But, instead she got out and told him to move to the passenger side. Paul sighed and slumped in his seat after he did so. Diane buckled her seatbelt and began to drive back onto the main road. She didn't speak to him for the rest of the ride, only when she asked him to pass her purse over to her.

Couple of minutes had passed until they finally made it to their destination. Diane got out, stretching a bit. She peeked in the car and waved for him the get out.

  Paul got out and went to her, wrapping her in and embrace. He apologized sweetly in her ear, and kissed her cheek afterwards. She looked down and bit her lip as he pulled her hand towards the building.

They entered and were welcomed by a rather cheerful lady at the front desk.
" Hello! Hello! Miss Ono had been anticipating for your arrival. Come! She'll see you right away!" She said quickly, as her heels clicked quickly against the hard linoleum tiles. Paul looked at Diane and shrugged at the abrupt welcome that was given.

   " Okay! She's right behind those doors!" The little woman smiled with her very rosy cheeks.
     The couple nodded and walked into the office. The were instantly met with the smell of incense. A lady in a dark red dress was sitting at her desk drinking tea, as she was writing on paper. 
     " Ah! It's the lovely bride and groom-to-be! Please take a seat. Would you care for some tea?" She asked politely. Paul and Diane nodded in response. Ono smiled turned to the jolly woman at the doorway.
"EDA!! Karera ni ikutsu ka no ocha o shutoku!!" She shouted at the secretary.

      Her expression immediately changed back into a grin, as she looked back at the two. She began to pull out papers from folders and cabinets, as her assistant immediately came in with a tray of biscuits and tea.
" So, miss Ono-"

" Yoko. You can call me Yoko." She interrupted Diane, smiling a toothy grin afterwards.

  "...Yo..ko. Um, we were planning on having our wedding at a park-"

" No! Parks are nasty, with the birds and leaves, and cold wind. I don't think you should have it there. How about a clean... More modern wedding venue."

" But-"

   " Have you both got a guest list or budget or a date?" Yoko said pulling a pen out.

Paul looked at Diane about to speak." Uhh, we have all that, we just need ya to hook us with one of yer coordinators."

Yoko froze for a second. She observed the couple only with her eyes, before saying through a smile. " I will be doing your wedding..."

___________

Ahh! Please don't kill me for being so late on this book!!! I've been doing stuff with my other books, and reading, and just living.

*sigh*

Hope all is well! ✌️❤️

~ Nowhere Artist