Chapter 1

Paul sat at the foot of bed, anxious.

  " Alright darling, I'm all packed." Said the girl at the doorway of the bedroom.

" Already? But you'll be an hour early."
Said Paul, looking at his watch.

  " No, the boat leaves in an hour,Paul. It takes 40 minutes to get to the docking area. I'll be late if we don't leave now. " she said.

Paul sighed, got his keys, and helped his girl place her supplies in the car. This girl was named Diane Gillans.

  She was the sweet type of girl that brightened up everything, like the Sun. She was quiet short, but had a heart bigger than her height, which Paul loved about her.

She was heading off to do an art project with her colleagues at sea.
   They needed a proper seascape for inspiration, so the leader of the group decided to rent a boat out for a week. Paul hated the thought of not seeing his sweet Diane for a week, and even begged her to stay, but she couldn't.

  " Paul, this is my big opportunity to really show my talent and to really get me known. Rolin said that he needs me."

" Well, I don't like Rolin." Paul said in a frustrated voice.

" I know, Paul! Will ya just shut up 'bout it! I don't need this right now... I'm nervous too, okay." Diane told Paul, combing her curly, short, ash brown, hair with her fingers faster and faster.

" Then, stay!" Paul yelled while braking hard at a traffic light.

" McCartney, you better stop this nonsense! I've stayed with you for many years to know, that I need to do something for myself!" She said firmly, slapping her hands on her lap at his last name.

Paul grunted and kept his head forward, knowing that every time she called him by his last name, she was most likely to be angry with him if he talked back. He sat there and drove her to her destination.  In his head, he prayed for her to be safe and return home, even if she was a little pissed at him.

He pulled up to the docking area and saw Rolin, waving at Diane. She did a little wave and smiled. Paul couldn't stand seeing him, for Rolin always thought that Diane should be with someone more like him.

  Paul got out of the car to open her door, but guess who already opened it...

  " Rolin! It's so great to see ya! I can't wait to do this project with you, Jackie, and Bobby. I've waited for so long for this." Diane excitedly jumped.

Paul grimaced at the sight of them together, while he unloaded her cases and supplies onto a trolly. Rolin noticed this and decided to lean up against Paul's car while talking to Diane in a flirtatious manner.

  Diane was ready to get on board, when Paul grabbed her hands. She rolled her eyes and pursed lips together. " What is it now! I have to go-"

Paul started to kiss her, savoring her sweet lips for the last time. But she wasn't in the mood. Diane pinched his arm hard and watched in amusement at his reaction.

" OW! What was that for?" He asked, rubbing his arm.

" What was that for? I'm still upset at you, you know. I'm not that easily forgiving, dear." She smiled. He smiled back and hugged her.

" I'm sorry. Forgive me." He said, holding her tight.

She chuckled and said," Maybe when I get back." She smirked and smothered his cheeks with kisses before leaving.

As the boat was leaving, Diane ran to the back of the boat, waving Goodbye. She caught Paul's attention and signed, " I love you", in Sign Language. He cupped his mouth and signed back.