Chapter 11

Diane rolled onto her side, as Paul still laid in his back, out of breath. He wrapped an arm around her, feeling her smooth skin against his hands and hairy arms. He kissed the side of her head, whispering warm sweet nothings
into her ear. She turned towards him and kissed his perfectly shaped lips, tasting the sweetness of the coco, still lingering in his mouth.

" Don't ever forget me, Paul..." She whispered, as she held his face, caressing his baby cheeks with her thumb. Paul opened his eyes and looked at her with confused eyes. She had wet streaks trailing from her eyes.

He wiped them and tilted her head up, to face him. " Why...? Is there something wrong...? He whispered.

Diane snapped her eyes towards him. " Hmm? What?"

" You said to not forget you. Why are you crying?" He furrowed his brows, worried.

" What do you mean? I didn't say anything..." She touched her tear-stained face. She rubbed her wet fingers together, confused. " Give me a second..." She breathed, as she rushed to the bathroom.

She locked the door and wrapped a silk robe around her pale nude body. She looked in the mirror, getting a sudden feeling of sadness, as if she was told that someone died. She gripped on to the sink, as she felt her knees buckle. She collapsed on to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably. She just couldn't stop crying.
Paul heard her fall and decided to see if she was alright. He slipped on a shirt and night pants before going to the door.

" Ann? Baby? You alright? Open the door."

Diane looked at the door, trying to move herself to unlock it. But nothing was working.  She started to crawl, but then for no reason, she started to thrash her arms at the air. She didn't know why she was doing this, until she turned her head and looked into the long mirror.

   She looked horrible. Her hair was brown, she was grey looking, and she was wearing the same skirt and blouse from the crash. She looked down and saw just the robe. Her hair and skin were healthy, but her reflection was completely different.

When she looked back up, she wasn't prepared for what was behind her.

-------

" AAAGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Paul jumped at the blood-curdling scream that came from behind the door. His heart started racing, as she shook the knob of the door violently. He was desperate to get to Diane, to hold her and help her. John and Cynthia came running in, wondering what was going on.

Paul had tears of worry, down his drained face. He yelled at John to help him open the locked door, in which made John run out of the room. Frustrated, Paul started to kick at the door, hoping to open it. John came back with a key to the door.

A loud crash was heard, making everyone go silent. Silent whimpers could be heard from Diane, now. Once the door was unlocked, Paul busted in. 

    Diane was up against where the ( now shattered) mirror was. Shards surrounded her as she held one of Paul's razor in the air, pointing at the air in front of her. Pieces of the mirror were on her, along with small cuts in her skin. Paul kneeled down next to her, where she was frozen in fear.

    What have them all shivers was the fact that her once bright green eyes, were in fact clouded by white. They thought that she was blind, until about five seconds later, they were back to normal.
    She was shaking, shocked about what was going on. She turned her head all around her, confused about her surroundings. She dropped the razor and retracted her hand, close to her chest. She wanted to cry, but had no more tears to shed.

    " Paul...?" Her broken voice whispered. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, terrified about her well-being. She buried her face into his chest, as he rocked her slowly.

   ---------

  Later, that evening, Paul was finishing  cleaning her cuts. They seamed to be all over her, as if blades were thrown at her from every direction. He picked her up and took her to the guest bathroom, where he placed her in the pre-made bath.
    He gently poured warm water over her, trying to be as gentle as possible. She winced a couple of times, even though the pain wasn't that unbearable. Diane didn't know at first, why it happened, until she remembered.

   She stood silent, not wanting to talk about why it had occurred. She closed her eyes and rested her head in her knees. Paul didn't force her to talk, because he knew that she'd open up to him when she was ready. It was just a matter of time before he knew about some of things that were going on.

    After rinsing her, Paul placed a towel on the toilet seat, before lifting his girlfriend out of the tub, onto he towel. He wrapped a fluffy bathrobe around her, along with another towel to cover her head. He made sure her face wasn't covered though, only her wet hair. He picked her up and carried her into the bedroom, placing her on to the bed.

     He closed the door and dried her up as much as he could. He dressed her and tied her hair back, into a loose bun.  He kissed her head left to get bandages.   She just sat there, contemplating the whole time.

    When he came back, he rubbed a cream on to her arms and legs, then wrapped them with medical gauze and tape. Her laid her down in bed, and gave her a bit of pain medication. He sat beside her and held her like a little child. He rubbed her shoulder in a comforting way, just to make her feel a bit better.

' What happened to you, Diane? Why did you do this...?'

___________________________

Hi! 😁

    Hope all is well! I'm doing alright if you wanted to know. I'm glad if you liked this chapter. But if you didn't, I'm sorry it wasn't good.

     Really sorry this chapter is super late! I've been working on my other books, and living life like Larry at home.😎😑

Please!😬
Comment/ Vote/ And until next chapter!

- Nowhere_Artist