Chapter 2

* FOUR DAYS LATER*

*RING! RING!*

Paul jolted up from bed, awaken abruptly by his telephone. He quickly looked over to his clock to check the time.

" Damn it! I slept in!" He quickly got out if bed and answered the phone.

He hesitantly placed the phone to his ear..." PAUL!" Yelled a voice.

" Yes, Brian?" He said slowly.

" Where the bloody 'ell are you! We've been waiting for thirty minutes already, Mccartney! We have music to make!" Brian didn't seem quiet happy.

" Okay Brian, I'm on the way... Just give me a secound..." Paul dropped the phone, letting hang on the wire while he hurried to get ready.

He quickly gathered papers into his bag and packed his instrument into its case. His hair still looked tousled, but he needed to get there fast enough. He had forgotten about a meeting he had right after practice. And needed to drop something off soon after.
   There was something that Paul was looking forward to though. Everyday since Diane left, he'd receive letters from her about her day and what she did. He loved to know what she was up to and often would acknowledge how she felt.

Yesterday and today though, seemed strange. He hadn't gotten a letter from her, making him wonder.

  " Don't worry Paul. The post has been slow lately, so it might just arrive a little late. She's got four more days so at least you'll see her soon." Said Ringo, patting Paul's back.

Paul slumped into the sofa and twiddled his thumbs patiently. He and the rest of the boys waited for Brian to give them news on anything, along  parcels, mail, and other delivered items.

" Alright boys, you've got some stuff here. Ringo, a parcel. John, two magazines. Make sure the wife doesn't find that, Lennon. Paul, a letter. And George, fan mail." Said Brian, while he handed them their stuff.

" Aw nice! Me new drumsticks have arrived." Ringo announced while he took them out of the box.

John sat and read his magazines quietly, as George began to open some on the fan mail and read them. George knew it was gonna be a long time before he finishes signing and sending thank you letters back.

Paul anxiously opened the letter, and took out a small document.

Dear Mr. McCartney,

        We are to inform of the disappearance of the 4-k7 yacht. I understand that one of the passengers,
DIANE GILLANS, was of great importance to you. We will send you updates as soon as we can, on anything we find.

From,
Manager, Cecil Andrews

Paul dropped the letter on the floor and fell onto the couch, tears forming in his eyes.

" N...No. No... What? Is this a joke?!" Paul's was getting shakey. The guys were confused and asked Paul what was wrong.

" You tell me! Look..." He said pointing at the letter and starting to shake.

John picked it up and read it to himself, but loudly enough for the other two lads to hear.

" Oh shit, Paul... I'm so sorry. Man..." He hugged Paul, to comfort him. But, Paul pushed John away and ran out the studio, half crying. He ran to his house and quickly called up the port.

***

" Ex...excuse me! Please tell me you're kidding! Is the boat really gone!?" He shouted in a broken, voice.