Chapter 9

Diane walked into the living room to find Cynthia sitting with her head hung low. She could hear the soft weeping that was coming from her, and felt her heart drop. He sat next to Cynthia and wrapped her arms around her.

" Hi, dear. What's the matter?" She asked. Cynthia shook her head and wiped the tears from her face. Sniffling she answered...
" Oh... It's nothin'. Me and John argue sometimes. That's all..." Cynthia sighed and rested her chin on her hands.

" Cynthia... Do you love him?" Diane asked.

Cynthia faced her friend with tearful eyes, surprised that she'd be asked that.
" Of course I love him... I never wanna leave him. Ever...." She said firmly.

" Does he love you, Cyn?" She asked next.

Cynthia froze for a second. She thought about it, and just started nodding." Yeah... He loves me... If he didn't he would've left me and Julian... Right?"

Diane wrapped an arm around her friend. She wasn't sure about John's current feelings towards Cynthia, but she still knew that John loved her and the baby enough to buy a home and care for them. " I know for sure that he loves you and the baby very much." She comforted.

-----------------

Paul was searching down the street and in public places that he'd think John would be in. He turned a corner, and found John with a girl, outside of a bar making out. This made Paul angry with John, since he knew better.

" Oí, Lennon! "

John stopped and turned to his best friend.

" What do you want?! Can't I enjoy myself?" John shoved the chick away and went chest to chest with the heated Paul.

" You need to stop! You're hurting you and your family, John! It's not healthy." He warned.

" What do you know about family, Macca? All you've got is a ' dead' girlfriend." He spat.

Paul knew John had crossed the line, causing him to punch him in the face. John punched him back, knocking him to the ground. Paul wiped the blood from his nose, and stood up. " John... " he mumbled.

John helped his friend lean against the wall for support. John leaned beside Paul, breathing heavily after their little brawl. " I'm sorry... I dunno what's gotten into me, Paul... I'm a wreck..." He began to cry.

Paul held his shoulder in assurance. John looked up at the still-bleeding Paul. " John... Don't apologize to me... You and Cynthia really need to work things out..."

----

They were sitting at the park, talking. John was telling Paul the issues they'd been having. Since they'd been in the recording studio a lot, and doing interviews, and what not.

And Paul gladly listened to John. Not because Diane said to help, but because John was his best friend. And if he was in the same situation, he was pretty sure that John would do the same for him.

" Paul... I just needed some time away from the house. I mean, it's hard enough to raise a family, but also being well-known celebrity as well? I dunno if I can take it..."

The wind rustled the trees and blew the leaves as they spoke.

" John... If you really love Cynthia, then you have to promise her to not do these things to her. Like leaving the house without her knowing, being with other birds for no good reason, and well... Just be there for her and the baby. Okay?"

John looked down to his lap, then nodded softly. He looked back up at Paul with a smile.

" Thanks, Paul. You're really my best mate." He told him.

" Ha! Thanks, Johnny-boy!" Paul exclaimed, hugging John dramatically.

John prided him off and grimaced." Alright, Macca!! Don't ye dare get all mushy with me now."
Paul and just laughed and nudged his arm." Alright. Come on, the girls are waiting now, I think." He told him, as the two got up walked towards the house.

__________________________

Greetings!! I apologize if this chapter sucks... It's just another one of those filler chapters.

I know I haven't posted a chapter for this story in ages, so I'm sorry for that. Hopefully I didn't lose any of you.🙁

Ive been working on my two other books, Random Beatle Things and Beautiful Night. Please read those of you haven't already. They might be shite or you might just love em!

Thanks for reading! And until next chapter! PEACE AND LOVE!✌️❤️

- Nowhere Artist