Chapter 37

Sam, Callen and Kensi rushed into the Mission and straight up to Ops. The three agents filed in through the sliding doors.

"What have you found out?" Callen greeted a frantic Eric and Nell, who were busy typing away on their computers.

Eric looked up and gave them a frustrated look. "We're trying the fastest we can go."

Nell remained focused on her monitor. She continued typing and then she flipped photos onto the screen. She took in a deep breath in and began filling in the rest of the team, on what she had just found. "I placed Amanda Singer's photo through the face recognition program and this is what I found." She brought to the front two photos of Amanda Singer. "She's been using an alias." Nell began. "Her real name is Masha Sidorov. She's Isaak Sidorov's niece."

Callen's body tensed as he realised his old friend Jake, had been played. This changed everything. It was now very personal, to all of them. "How long had they been dating?" He needed to know how long Isaak had been planning this attack.

"From what I can find, about nine months," Nell replied. She looked over at Callen, worried. She knew what that look meant. He was ready to kill someone. It scared her, because it was from anger and revenge, not from protecting. Well it was also for protecting, but the anger that raged through Callen's body was not one to be reckoned with. It wasn't like she was scared of him, because she wasn't. He made her feel safe. She was scared for him and for the rest of their team. She rubbed her bulging belly, hoping to calm down their baby, who had suddenly felt her own tension.

When she looked over at Sam, his facial expression was no better. With all he had been through, worrying about Michelle and being electrocuted by Isaak Sidorov, because Janvier had betrayed them, had taken a huge toll on the former Navy SEAL.

Kensi wasn't much better, as she was worried out of her mind about Deeks. What a contrast from that morning's banter. Deeks had pushed her away after his ordeal. She had tried to be there for him, but he had told her, that he was fed up being treated like a joke by her and the rest of the team. After him surprising her with that amazing kiss, the next time she saw him, he rejected her. She tried her hardest, but in the end, the whole situation had placed a rift between them, that seemed like it would never heal. Until Kevin, she realised. He was there for her when she needed him the most. And when Callen, Sam and Deeks barged into the house to rescue her from Kevin, he had shown a side of him that had her looking at him in a totally different light. Callen was right again, Kensi noted. He really was one of the good guys. A truly loyal friend, the best partner she had ever had and more. Much more! Deeks had provided her comfort and support, when she needed it most. He made her laugh, and gave everything he had, for her, even knowing she was carrying Kevin's child. When she had told him her plans for her baby to be adopted, although at first he was shocked, he supported her in her decisions. Now that Issak Sidorov was back, she did not want to lose him, now that she had him back. But she knew this would be difficult on him.

Kensi was pulled from her thoughts, when Deeks and Rogers entered Ops. He was quiet, she noted, and looked paler than he did that morning. She looked over at Rogers, who gave nothing away of what had happened earlier. She breathed out slowly, trying to rein her emotions in. Pain rippled through her abdomen. She clutched her belly and hunched over. Deeks noticed immediately and rushed over to her.

"Call 911. She needs to get to the hospital immediately," Deeks called out to Eric. The rest of the team turned and watched Kensi roll over in pain.

Callen moved over to her with great concern. "Kenz! What's wrong?" he asked, but deep down, his gut told him what was happening. She was going into labor at thirty-three weeks.

Tears flowed down Kensi's face as she tried to get a grip on what was happening. She wasn't ready for this moment yet. She still had another seven weeks before her due date. She knew that babies could survive if born early, but the longer the baby stayed inside its mother, the better. But she shouldn't have been surprised. The day was far from normal, with all she had witnessed and experienced. Now there was the concern for her partner, who she had more than just friendly feelings for.