Roses, Kisses, and Heartache</3 ‍‌‌‌‌‍‍‍‌(part 3)

*3rd person (what can I say...it's my forte)*

"Shall we dance?" Adrien extending his hand to Marinette. She looked up at him nervously. The truth was, she didn't know how to dance.

"Uh..." She bit her bottom lip with anxiety. Adrien eyed her lips. Damn, she's hot when she does that! He cleared his throat with a small cough.

"Well?" He asked again. Adrien held her hands in his. He couldn't wait to wrap his arm around her waist and guide her on the dance floor. Their steps to the music, their bodies in harmony.

"I-I can't...." she said.

"What? You can't what?" She wasn't making any sense to him.

"I can't dance, ok? There I said it!" She said barely above a whisper. Adrien regarded her with interest.

"Is that all?" He replied lightly, shrugging and grinned.

"What do you mean, 'is that all?'" Marinette questioned him. She was embarassed. Why had she even agreed to come to a dance if she didn't even know how? Why did she always place herself in tough situations?

"It's ok. Here," Adrien put her left hand on his shoulder. "Follow my lead, I'll teach you. Trust me."

The song was slow, and the steps were basic. However, Marinette's nervousness wouldn't let her have a moment, they got the best of her. Every five seconds she would step on his precious toes.

"Ow," Adrien yelped as discreetly as possible. He didn't want to hurt Marinette's feelings.

"Sorry!" She would say each time. It went on like this for awhile. Marinette sighed and gave up. "No, ok, I can't do it! I'll never learn to dance... This is humiliating." She huffed and crossed her arms, pouting.

Adrien thought for a moment. "Hey, since you like stepping on my toes so much, here," he laughed as lifted her onto his feet. "I'll make it easier." Marinette looked down at her red flats on Adrien's black dress shoes.

"I'll ruin your shoes."

"Nonsense," he assured her. He started to dance again. The song this time was a bit quicker, a bit more upbeat but not speedy and energetic. Adrien put both of his hands on Marinette's slender waist. Her face got hot and her cheeks tinted pink. At his nodding gesture, she tentatively wrapped her arms around his neck.

Some of the other dancers nearby eyed the couple. They recognized Adrien Agreste, but who was the lovely girl with him? With her hair straightened and out of pigtails, the fancy dress, and the slightest yet visible makeup, they couldn't tell it was Marinette. She noticed their stares and gulped. The blush returned.

"Adrien, they're staring again," she said shying into his chest a bit.

"Hey, hey, don't pay attention to them. Look at me," Adrien brought her face up to his. "Stay focussed on my eyes. Relax and breathe. Pretend they aren't here. Imagine the most relaxing place for you you can. It's just you and me, ok, no one else, block them out." Marinette looked at him. The two kept dancing.

She imagined her room at first but then a beautiful green garden, flowers and different plants, a small pond with the moon's reflection. Thinking that it was just her and Adrien made her realize how intimate they were in that moment, she hadn't noticed it before.

Adrien was confident now, he controlled both of their movements. He felt as though their hearts beat in sync. He brought his date closer and then bent her backwards for a dip. Almost as a reflex, Marinette's left leg lifted during the dip. It kept the two balanced. As Adrien pulled her back up, the two locked gazes. It was like a magnitude of love, their eyes drawn to each other.