Childish Innocence, Questions, and...Babies?

Recap: last time, on Ladybugs and Kitty Chats... XD

Marinette jumped and the lazer fired.

"MARINETTE!" Alya and Adalyn cried out in despair.

"NOOO! MARINETTE!" The feline had arrived too late. He stopped and covered his eyes. All three of the bystanders were blinded by a bright pinkish purple light.

Marinette shut her eyes and opened her arms, accepting the blast. The beam hit her body, full force and her body was engulfed in the radiant light. It didn't hurt. Marinette didn't feel pain, she felt nothing at all.

Chat Noir, Alya, and Adalyn opened their eyes and gasped. There was the robot along with what was left of Marinette...

CHAT NOIR

The light was so bright. I squinted and saw nothing but pink. The light burned and I couldn't keep my sensitive eyes open any longer.

When the light dimmed, there I saw her remains. I saw the familiar outfit she had worn. The pink skinny jeans, the dark jacket, her floral shirt, and her purse. It was all in a lump on the floor. I wanted to scream, but I couldn't because I was choking on my own silent sobs. I wasn't the only one.

I turned my head to the should have been victims. My love had saved them.

No one moved for a long time. We were all in shock. But the bot wasn't. He bent down to touch the clothing.

I couldn't take the pain in my heart. It stabbed me worse than long, jagged knives. I clenched my jaw and my fists. I bit my lip hard, I couldn't cry.

"You!" I looked at him. The menace, the robot. "You did this! You will pay!"

I charged at him and got my baton out, extending it. I repeatedly smashed at the mechanical beast. It refused to fall. The bot grabbed at me. I dodged every move. My heart beat faster. I was fueled by rage, I felt the fire scorching in my veins.

I leapt onto his back and held fast. While still holding on with one hand, I raised the other. I felt power and bad luck start to surge through my right hand. "Caaataacly-" I was interrupted by someone calling me. It was Alya.

"Chat Noir!" She yelled. I saw her from atop the robot. She held in her arms two things, Adalyn in one arm. In the other, a bundle of my Sweet's clothes. She gestured to the clothes and for me to come. My eyes grew wide as I saw...wait, was that...TIKKI!

I had to distract the robot. I saw no people in the street so I used all of my strength to pull the robot to the right. With enough force I caused the robot to fall completely on it's side. I jumped away and ran for Alya.

Is she in trouble? I thought. Why would Tikki come out of hiding? This was bad.

Alya had run to the edge of the park. Adalyn was on the ground trying to get to the bundle in Alya's arms. "Is it really? I wanna see!" She wailed as I neared.

I slowed myself to a halt in front of them. "What is it? What's wrong?"

"M-Marinette-" Adalyn started to talk. I gave her a look of pain and understanding.

"I know...she's gone..." I lowered my head in sadness and my normally erect ears drooped. I couldn't believe  it but, it was true.

"No Chat," Alya stubbornly said, catching my attention. I looked up at her with difficulty. It felt as if I had a thousand bricks on my back weighing me down. But I knew it was just depression, it weighed my heart down, like how a stone  sinks in water.