"Micael!" Maria wailed when she noticed Mickey's movements. "Oh, baby, you're awake!"

"What-" Mickey gasped at the sting at his throat when he spoke. Maria quickly picked up the glass of water on the side table and pressed it to Mickey's lips, watching him drink it down. When he finished he cleared his throat again, moving his head away from Maria's touch. "What are you doing here?"

"Baby," Maria whispered, brown eyes red and full of tears

"Baby," Maria whispered, brown eyes red and full of tears. "When a mother finds her son bleeding and unconscious in an alleyway at three in the afternoon, she kind of has to take him to a hospital."

"Y-you found me?"

"Why, yes of course," she laughed, wiping her tears with her hand. She used her other hand to hold Mickey's, and Mickey glanced down at the contrast of Maria's tan skin and his pale as snow one. He looked up at Maria who was watching their hands together. He felt his eyes sting with tears; how was he so rude to her? She saved him, Maria is the reason he is alive right now. He felt a smile pull at his lips. He felt himself lighten up slowly. Guess Maria wasn't so fuckin' useless after all.

His smile left when Maria looked up. That doesn't change anything she's done. Her leaving, her making Mickey and his siblings have to leave, she's the fuck up. Mickey was overwhelmed with emotions. He needed to leave. He needed Maria to leave. He needed someone else. He needed...

Gallagher.

His mood brightened knowing he could see Gallagher again. Guess he wasn't gone after all. He's too tough for this world.

Mickey looked up at the sound of the door opening and pulled his hand away from Maria when he saw a doctor. The doctor smiled and set his clipboard down on a table as he pulled up a chair beside Mickey and Maria. "So, Mickey, how are you feeling?"

Mickey shrugged as best as he could lying down. "Don't feel a lot right now."

The doctor nodded as if he was expecting that answer. "You're body is on a whole lot of different meds to keep the pain down."

"Like what?" Maria asked.

"Well, you're high on a bunch of Naproxen and Ibuprofen medications, so that's why you have no energy right now," the doctor chuckled. "And no, you're not paralyzed. But, when the meds wear off you're going to feel a lot of pain."

"They're not so fuckin' good then, huh?" Mickey scoffed.

"Don't worry, we'll give you some antibiotics to keep you going for the next few weeks. Now, do you remember anything?"

"Nothing," Mickey lied, looking at the ceiling above him. He remembered everything, the shrieking voice. That's for you, Milkovich! It made him sick to his stomach. "I want to be alone."

Maria's eyes widened but nodded when the doctor stood up solemnly and waited for her. She left the room quickly. "A nurse is just outside if you need her."