Chapter 13

Darren handed me the glass coffee mug and I sat it down below my hand, then I cut the side of my wrist. 

Blood started streaming out of it as Steve started jumping in his chair. 

I filled the cup all the way to the brim and got up to hold Steve down so Darren could tilt the cup so Steve could drink out of it. 

My cut had already healed. 

I put Steve in a headlock and tilted his head back so Darren could safely pure my blood into Steves' mouth. 

I hated seeing him like this. I felt so bad. 

I did this to him and I couldn't take it back. 

After Steve drank all of it, Steve's mouth tried to bite Darren but I held him back. 

" Get me a shirt out of that bag." I told him. 

He got one from the bag. 

" Now, twist it up and when his mouth opens, gag him." 

He did what I told him and he gaged Steve so he couldn't bite us. 

But I didn't dare let go of him. 

After about three hours, he stopped thrashing and got control of himself again. 

" I'm sorry." He said as I let go of him. 

" It's good." I said as I let him go. 

" Darren-" 

" We know that wasn't you." He told him. " You don't have to apologize." 

" Our next step is to see where the Cirque is headed so I could track down Mr. Tall." 

" You better hurry then, I don't know how long I can keep control of thirst."  

Darren pulled out his phone while I changed into a black open shoulder crisscross tunic sweater and a pair of blue jean capris behind one of the dirt walls. 

I found a black sweatshirt in between my shirt and pants that Steve could wear.  

" Hand me the key, Darren." I said as I walked towards them. 

" Where there no shoes in there?" Darren asked. 

" I'll be fine. It was below zero when Mom and Dad found me and I was barefoot. I wasn't cold at all." 

" Don't un-chain me," Steve said. " I don't trust myself." 

" I'll knock you out if you try anything, besides, it will only take me a few seconds to get this on you so you don't get cold." 

" There next showing is in Carmel, Indiana." Darren told me. 

" I should be able to fly over there pretty quick." I said as I handed the now free Steve the black sweatshirt. 

" Just be careful, alright," Steve said. " Some of my kind is near." 

" You are nothing like them, you hear me. If you where we would already be dead so don't you dare compare yourself to them." 

" Can you at least make the chains tighter." 

" Sure."