Chapter 5

After Steve closed the back door of his house, I continued down the road to my house. 

As soon as Steve entered his house, I got the feeling that I was being watched. 

I had two more blocks to go before I got home. 

Whoever it was smalled horrible. 

I continued to walk and breath calmly, even as I could feel whoever it was slowly creeping closer. 

When they were inches away from me, I whipped around, swiped my left foot against their feet, causing them to fall down. 

I quickly maid an ice sickle in my right hand and put my left foot on their stomach. " Why are y-you following me?" 

" Because you smell delicious." The man said. 

The street light was pretty far away, but I still could make out the man's face and clothing that I had pinned to the ground. 

I can see completely fine in the dark. 

The man quickly grabbed my ankle with his right hand and flung me across him. 

I skitted then rolled against the cold pavement for a brief second, then managed to raize my head up to see that the man had disappeared. 

I could feel that my knee's, elbow's and nose were bleeding as I felt the man's presence again. 

" You smell  a lot like that family I just drained." The man's voice boomed from on my right. 

The ice sickle flew out of my hand as I turned, landing in the man's left shoulder. 

But it didn't stop him. 

I thought he was human until the smell of his blood filled my nose, along with Mom's, Dad's, Annie's, and Darren's.