Chapter 10

( Emma's P.O.V.) 

As soon as I was up in the sky, I heard Steve screak and it didn't take long for me to come to his aid.  

As soon as I landed I plunged an ice sickle - that was in my right hand- into the man's back - area where his heart was then pulled his dead body off of Steve. 

" Darren-" He started. 

" He's fine. He got away." I said as I crouched down so I could see how deep his injury was. 

" He was a vampire, Em. And now I'll be one too. When you stabbed him, some of his blood sprayed into my cuts.

I looked down at his chest and there were three long cuts on his chest. 

" Hang in there," I said as I sat the scissors next to me then placed my left hand on his shoulder and my right on his chest. 

The wounds started healing then I took my hands off so I wouldn't overuse my power and fall unconscious. 

" Where are you?" I asked Darren. 

" Heading towards you, they're right behind me Em!"  

" Steve's turning into a vampire." 

" What?!" 

" When I killed the guy that was attacking him, his blood sprayed into cuts he had received." 

Darren rounded the corner then was tackled by a vampire. 

" Emma-" Steve started as I got up.  

" Darren!" I yelled as I slid him the scissors. 

He grabbed them with his left hand and drove them into its left eye. 

As it grabbed at the scissors that was in its left eye, Darren escaped and darted over to where we were. 

The rest of his group arrived darted for us. but before they could reach us they all erupted in flames just like their friend had two months ago." 

I instantly turned back to Steve to see his injuries were healed. 

" Steve, how are you feeling?" I asked. " Any different?" 

" Not right now." 

" Where are we going to hide him?" Darren asked. 

" I'll go back to the house and watch after him while I do some research on vampire's. Meet me in the basement around ten tomorrow so we can talk about what to do next." 

" What do you mean next?" 

" Darren, we can't stay here. We need to track down the Cirque Du Freak and see if Mr. Tall can tell us anything. He has to know something. Can you get up Steve?" 

" Yeah."

I backed off and let him stand up.  

" I hear sirens." Steve said. 

" Then let's get the hell out of here." 

I picked up the scissors and we split.