Seated behind his desk, Levi ran his hands through his tousled hair as he tried to contain the overwhelming stress that was building up within him. Every day there was a larger hurdle to leap, a bigger obstacle to overcome and he didn't know how much more he could take.

"Levi."

He looked up surprised by the woman that sauntered into his private office. His door had been shut, but she sauntered her way into the room like she owned the place. Although still extremely confident there was a nervousness to her, it was only a slight nervousness but it made her come across as very vulnerable.

Levi leaned back in his chair as he gave her his full attention, "Cassie. Is everything okay?"

Cassie had stayed on at the pack house the last couple of days for recovery after the spell. She and Tony were also being kept here because quite frankly no one in the werewolf world should ever trust a witch, and Levi wasn't sure if letting them go would be the best idea.

Cassie scoffed, "You mean aside from the fact that things are spiralling out of control – yeah I'm fine."

Levi didn't say anything to her snarky reply he didn't have to because he could tell from the minute she opened her mouth that Cassie was nervous, about what he had no idea, but he felt he should listen. It was either listen to her now or stay stuck in this room alone with his thoughts.

"When you and Luke returned yesterday," she sighed losing eye contact with him as she continued, "You said that the two of you didn't find anything about the curse."

"Yeah, it was a dead end."

No one had been more disappointed about this fact than Luke. Levi had noticed the change in his brother's mood and he almost couldn't remember a time when the constantly playful Luke had ever been so defeated. It'd shocked Levi so much and added an extra weight of unease to the tense atmosphere that surrounded him.

"I..." Cassie trailed off and suddenly laughed before she began pacing the length of the room muttering to herself.

Levi couldn't understand her behaviour or why she was in here of all places behaving like this. There was too much on his mind to take on whatever Cassie was dealing with. The witch would just have to deal with it on her own, or at the very least find someone who wasn't so swamped with responsibilities. Even her idiotic cousin seemed a far better candidate at this point.

"Cassie, I'm going to have to ask that you-"

"I was there."

Frowning Levi was confused by her words. Was she there? Where? He was just about to ask her when she continued on, "I was there when the curse was cast. Well, not at the actual place but I was very much alive during that time and I think you should at least know."

She then told him everything.

How in his past life, Levi had been an Alpha named Daniel with a human mate. In order to protect and provide for his, pack Daniel had gone to Cassie to become stronger but his strength wasn't just appearing out of thin air it was being taken from his human mate and given to him. And then, of course, Luke just so happened to be dating Cassie and broke her heart when Luke had found his mate.

Vivian had cursed them both because of how they'd drained Cassie's powers and broken her heart.

Levi couldn't believe that he'd been so stupid and so desperate to have to go to a witch. And now that very same witch stood in front of him her whole body trembling as she waited for his backlash, but as angry as he was he was also so... defeated.

There was no cure to this. There was no way for him to save his mate.

"You're sure there's no cure," Levi asked the nervous witch as he felt oddly devoid of energy.