Chapter ~ 4

Chapter 4

"Get it Chase! YES WHOO!"

"and we have a winner, I take it you want a prize for your lady son."

"Eww, she's not my girlfriend!" Chase snorted giving Marcia a fake look of disgust, though surprisingly when she looked away I could see the hurt in her eyes. Chase obviously saw it too, as the man behind the stall handed him a stuffed toy. He was about to hand it over to her but stopped when he saw me. Oh yeah, we're supposed to be dating, I sighed to myself and looked towards Chase, only to notice he still had the stuffed toy in his hands, looking at me unsure so I gave him a go-for-it look. He continued to look at me uncertain at first, so I nodded to him and with that he handed it over to her.

"Here, gosh don't cry over it, I was only joking" He frowned looking annoyed, but there was something in his eyes which made me suspicious, in a way that almost made me think he was going to give it to her before he even won the game, to begin with...

Marcia frowned even more, but then a mischievous smile stretched across her face, as she bashed him over the head with it.

"Ow!" He responded, rubbing his head though it was obvious it wouldn't have hurt. Marcia like her usual self,-stuck out her tongue and wrapped her arm around mine then proceeded to drag me off.

"Can we go on a ride now!" One of the little creat... I mean girls asked.

"Yeah, I was thinking of going on the Screamer" Marcia smiled kindly, taking their hands and leaving me standing on my own. It didn't look scary, but fairground rides always seemed to freak me out when I remembered that the rides were set up by random fair guys each time they stopped in a new place. There was something about the people at fairs, which had my nerves on edge. I looked to my right and saw a guy in the control room. He had a cigar sticking out between his lips. Greasy dark hair scraped back into an elastic band at the nape of what was left of his neck- the rest of it was buried within a mountain of fat... I'm getting off topic. What I'm trying to say is, do I really trust these guys with my life? No. So why the heck would I get on his ride? There is no guarantee he's put it up right. What if he forgot a bolt or something? Then the cart would fly off the edge and bye-bye life! I snapped out of it when I saw the control man hiss at me. Hiss at me! I. Am. So. Dead.

"Is someone scared of the scary ride?" An annoyingly familiar voice spoke from behind me.

"Fuck off."

I was determined not to look at him as I joined Marcia and Chase in the Queue.

"Marcia I want to go with you!" The big one squealed, and she agreed.

"Then can I go with you, Chase?" The little one whispered putting her arms up in the air so he could pick her up.

"Sure thing princess. You guys are cool with going together right?" He asked us casually. Great I thought to myself. I didn't look at Quinn, but I could almost feel the smirking gaze fixed on my back.

"Yeah sure" He answered for us.

We were nearing the front of the queue when I felt a hand go beneath my top, gently rubbing circles into my back. I jumped snapping my head to see Quinn was uncomfortably close to me, our chests were centimeters apart. I felt sparks radiate through me from his touch. Cliche much? My wolf laughed at me, but it was the only way I could explain what his touch felt like. It was as if his touch felt warm and comfortable, yet it also left me wanting to close the small distance between us and wrap my arms around him and kiss those lips of his. With that thought, I began to step away only to have his grip tighten and pull me to roughly back to his chest. My breath rushed out of me, as I felt breath on my neck.