Chapter 1: The Dream

There's a mansion in front of you. You are looking at its front door with sweat dripping down your forhead... the door slowly opens... you could feel a chill of thrill running down your spine and the thick smell of dead rats flowing into your nose. You haven't notice it yet but your body is moving on its own into that dark mansion. You don't know what to do anymore.. but to just close your eyes afriad, that something might jump out. You are paralyzed and your body is moving on its own. Suddenly, you stopped walking and you slowly.. slowly opens your eyes.. You realized that you are standing in a big room full of old furnitures. Your eyes slowly scans the entire room trying to figure out what kind of place is this? But then.. your eyes made a quick stop at a dark figure turning its back on you, not moving, in the middle of this big room. The dark figure slowly turns to you, and you could see the 10 foot tall beast staring at you with its eyes, the eyes which you've never seen before.. the eyes.. the white sclera eyes... with no pupils..

                 "Gah!!" I opened my eyes finding myself on my bed drenching with sweat. "God.. some nightmare I was having." I glanced over to the clock and found out that it was already 7:15 AM. "Aww man, I'm late!" I headed straight towards the bathroom and washed myself up. As I was brushing my teeth, I noticed that there was something around my eyes. They were blood stain and they were already dry enough for you to touch them without getting them on your fingers. I didn't give a long thought about it as I was already late for school! So I washed off the blood stain around my eyes, wore my casual school clothes and hurried downstairs as fast as I could. I could had sworn that if there were to be a patrol cop in this house, I would probably be the first one to get checked in.

"Ryan, your breakfast is ready!" My mom called out for me without knowing that I'm actually standing behind her. "Mom, you know you don't need to shout this out every morning." I said as I shoved a sandwich into my mouth. "Oh nonsense." She replied happily. "Our new neighbor is so kind. He won't be bothered by my shout." "And where's your brother?" She asked. "Meh, I don't really care about him." I almost choked. "Take it easy there son." My dad said as he glanced his watchful eyes onto his newspaper. "We don't want you to end up in the hospital before your final exam." He chuckled.

My dad is a pretty cool guy. He's good at giving advices and his watchful eyes seem to know everything so you won't be hidding any secrets in this house. I guess I have a lot of my dad in me because 80% of what I predict will happen. "Dad, can I ask you something?" I asked. "What is it son?" He asked as he glanced his eyes onto mine. "I had a weird dream last night. And it really made me jumped." I said in a tone that makes me hate myself. "You jumped in your sleep?" My  brother came in from the front door. My little brother is not as good as you think at telling jokes, and when I said "Not as good" I mean very very bad. But he's 12 what could you expect Afrom the little guy.

"Was it a dream about you and Sophia?" He smirked. "Shut up. We all know that you love Jesse." I laughed. "And we all know that Jesse is the neighbor's dog!" We all laughed at him. Evil I know. "What were you doing at 7:25 AM outside anyways?" My mom asked. At this point, I was about to scream out "FLIRTING WITH THE NEIGHBOR'S DAWG!!" But he interrupted me by making a serious face and said "I was visiting Mr. Fu Xi." "Oh, how thoughtful of you!" My mom said happily. "And what about you Ryan? Did you say Hi to Mr. Fu Xi?" She asked.

Mr. Fu Xi used to be my Dad's classmate when he was in High school and my dad got along with him so well that he saved Mr. Fu Xi's life one time. "Not yet." I replied. "But you have to. He will be your babysitter for the next 7 days." She said eagerly. My parent has a business to attend to in Canada so they've asked Mr. Fu Xi to be our babysitter until then. "He will be here this evening. So make sure you greet him nicely." She smiled. "Don't worry mom I will and why are you hiring a babysitter anyways? I'm 15 years old now remember?" I said proudly. "Yes you are.. but.. that's not the case.." My mom looked down as she was about to cry. Again, silent filled up the room. "Carla, just let the boy go. Ryan, you're late for school, aren't you?" My dad glanced at me. "Oh right!" I was so full of myself that I forgot about school. "Take care you two!" I grabbed my backpack and ran out of the house. "Good luck mom and dad." I said as I ran to the bus stop with a smile on my face.