Chapter 1: When my life changed forever

Reader's pov:

I was with my two friends Lucinda and Scott. We were playing around the docks, for Scott's 11th birthday. I was 13 years older than him and Lucinda was 14. No one ever told us that what we're doing was wrong.

We heard 3 kids talking about the outside. One had brown hair, the other had blond and the girl had raven hair and was wearing a red scarf around her neck.

They sounded like Lucinda, Scott and I. We had always wanted to see the outside together. We all had friendship bracelets which were like our promise to each other that we would see the outside. My parents were at home making a cake for Scott for his birthday. His parents were there too, probably chatting away.

Suddenly we felt a violent shaking in the ground that made us all fall. We all stood up in alarm. We ran to where there were crowds of people staring up at the wall with utter horror washing over their usual happy faces. Lucinda, Scott, and I all looked up and froze, wide eyed. There was fingers holding onto the outer wall and a giant skinless head peering over wall at what seemed like ants to him.

That's when my life changed forever.

The angry looking Titan had kicked a hole through Wall Maria and massive rocks were flying everywhere. I looked at my two friends and they stared at me with fearful eyes.

"What do we do?!" Scott asked in panic. I thought of something quickly.

"We must check our houses, then we meet here!" I blurted out my thoughts as soon as they came.

"My mom!" Lucinda shouted, realizing that they could've been crushed from the flying boulders and sprinted away.

What I didn't know was that would be the last time I ever saw her.

Scott and I ran as fast as we can to my house. We turned many corners, went left and then right. When we turned the last corner, lying there was the bodies of our parents under some of the broken roof. A boulder was right in the center of my house, squishing our parents in a matter of seconds. We screamed in horror and sadness. Scott went into the unstable house to see their bodies.

"Scott we have to go it's not safe!" I pleaded, I tried to pull him back but he kept going. When he stepped into the broken house, the rest of the roof collapsed sending a wooded, sharp stick of the roof right through Scott's head. He fell to the ground right beside his parents.

I stood frozen, not knowing what to feel. Then I remembered...

Lucinda

I turned around and sprinted towards Lucinda's house. I was huffing and puffing from the last run and my calves hurt from running so much. But I didn't care.
I didn't feel anything.

I had to see if Lucinda was safe.

When I got there, there was an ugly Titan. But he had someone in his grasp...Lucinda. I recognised her brown hair but the only difference was that her body was in half. I made up my mind. 'They're gone. I have to go.'

I ran as fast I could towards the boats with tears streaming down my face. I squeezed into a full boat and we were off to Wall Rose. People jumped off the dock, trying to get into the boat. But I didn't spare a glance at them since they found themselves in the deep water. I glanced at my wrist and saw my friendship bracelet. I made a promise.

'I'm going to see the outside. If it's the last thing I do.'

The inside of Wall Rose was overrun with refugees and it was difficult to get food. I went to sleep that night crying, tossing and turning in the prickly hay.

"I will go outside for you guys." I mumbled before falling completely asleep.

A/n: Um, hi! I'm the new author of My Heart Goes Out To You, Captain. The original author, TheAbnormalFangirl has given me her story for reasons.

Update dates will be in my bio and I promise to try my best in continuing this story for her!

Please don't get mad at me nor her for this. Like I said, I'll try my best! Nothing will change but there will be few edits.

Anywho, next chapter will be up in a bit XP

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

---

Edit:

I've fixed the ages! You know, the one everyone is commenting about. XD

Ages had to be fixed so Reader can be around the same age as Levi :3