Twenty Eight.

*Alex's POV*

I never thought I'd get that text. Ever. In my entire life. It was like she was someone else, her whole tone sounded different.

Nevertheless, it shattered my heart. Shattered my soul. Shattered the only reason I had for living. And that was my girlfriend.

........

"Hey, um, Jordan?" I asked a little cautiously.

"Yep yep yep?" He didn't even look up from his phone.

"Have you heard from Annika today?" I bit my lip.

"Yeah, why?" He frowned.

"Is she with Ebony?" I looked away.

"Nope. She's in town with Sasha and her new friends. No time for me anymore." Jordan winked.

"Oh..." I felt my stomach drop.

"Anything wrong?" Jordan suddenly noticed how I looked.

"Well, I haven't heard from Ebby for three days. Should I go round her house? It's just that she always says not to go round her house because of her parents. I just don't know what to do." I ran my hand through my hair.

"Just go over. It makes perfect sense to just go and protect your-" Jordan was interrupted by my phone.

"Oh. Shit. It's from Ebony." I smiled. Damn, I'd been worried to why she hadn't kept in contact with me. I wonder what the problem was?

From: Ebby

I'm sorry but I'm breaking up with you. I'm moving far away to a boarding school to get a decent education.

I don't have time for distractions like you.

Ebony x

I felt my heart drop. My body shut down and I collapsed back onto the sofa, my skin turning deathly pale.

Jordan stood up and ran over. "Dude, what the fuck?"

"E... Ebony?" I whispered. "Why would you?"

"Alex, bro, what's up?" Jordan shook me. "You look like you're about to pass out!"

I pointed weakly to my phone. He read it slowly, then looked up at me. "Get in the car." Jordan said. "You can't lose her like that."

"It's too late." I gave up on everything in that moment.

"It's never too late if you love someone. And I know how much you love her." Jordan put his hand on my shoulder.

He sat down next to me and put his arm round me and I started sobbing. My best friend held me as I sobbed uncontrollably. We sat there in an embrace, and soon my tears dried up a bit and I looked up at him.

"Come on, faggot, let's get your girl back. Where are the car keys?" Jordan smiled.

"The table." I pointed.

"Ah, yeah." Jordan picked them up and we walked out to the car.

Just as he started the car, he turned to look at me. "You think I'm a nice guy, don't you?"

I nodded.

He smirked and started driving. "Don't tell anyone."