Fourteen.

*Alex's POV*

Damn.

She started walking away and I realised. Ebony was right. All she was trying to do was help me and I got mad and made her cry.

Seeing the tears on her cheeks made me really upset. Really fucking upset. I watched her walk further and further away.

"Ebby. Wait." I said guiltily. She ignored me. "Ebby!" I called. Once again she kept walking. Quickly, I started following her like a lost puppy.

She ignored me until we got round the corner from school. "If you don't leave me alone, I'll call the police." She warned.

"Call them then. I don't care. At least I can be with you long enough to apologise." I shrugged.

"I don't want to hear your apology." Ebony stopped walking and turned to face me.

"Well I'll just say it aloud and maybe you'll 'accidentally overhear' it. Either way, hear me out. I felt like you had betrayed me.

But after you started crying and you said all that about how I was the first person to make you happy, well... I realised how much of a dick I was to you. I can't forgive myself that I made you cry. So, thanks... For telling the counsellor." I sighed.

"You really mean that?" Ebony looked at the floor.

"One hundred percent." I promised. Ebony ran into my arms from where she stood. I was a little shocked that Ebby had hugged me first, but I hugged her tightly.

She buried her head into my neck and I stroked the back of her black hair. When she pulled away, I looked at her. Her pale skin, big eyes and long eyelashes. Ebony wore a Pierce The Veil shirt and black jeans.

For a secret emo myself, she looked stunning. I bit my lip and watched as Ebony blushed and looked away. "Alex..." She mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"I... Never mind." She said. "I'm walking home now."

"Hey, hey, hey! Not so fast, sunshine. You're not going home. You're coming to my house." I smirked.

"You can't kidnap me." She grinned.

"Oh really?" I said and ran towards her, picking her up and swooping her small frame easily over my shoulders. She squealed and I started walking in the direction of my house.

"This is illegal." Ebby said sternly. "Kidnap is bad."

"Nah. It's surprise adoption." I winked.

As we walked, Ebony and I chatted happily and I realised how much I cared for this girl.

She was beautiful, kind and practically a genius. I love her personality, adorable shyness and how she blushes at basically everything I say.

I love her.

"What are you thinking?" Ebony asked me.

Should I tell her my feelings? Yeah. I will. How will she ever know unless I tell her.

"Ebby, listen." I said, putting her down. I tried to force the words out but I couldn't.

Maybe I shouldn't tell her. She'd just get put off me. I'd scare her away, and there's nothing I want less than that.

"What?" She frowned.

"Nothing... I just thought I heard something..." I sighed.