"Yeah," Mickey whispered. He kept his eyes on Colin's chair as his brother got up, put the phone back on the receiver and walked back to the guards waiting. He sat for a minute, just trying to ignore the fact that he was already starting to miss Colin again. He snapped out of his trance and set the phone back, standing up and coming face to face with Ian.

"Jesus-"

"Explain everything," Ian demanded. His eyes softened when he could tell Mickey had been crying. "Please."

-

-

"Fifteen years?" Ian asked quietly. He listened to Mickey's shallow breathing as he swished the beer in his bottle around. "Shit."

Mickey had his eyes closed and head back against the freshly cut grass on the baseball field. He was on his back, knees bent. Ian was next to him, having just heard the whole recap of what happened with Colin at the jail. He was leaning against the gate of the dugouts, upper half of his body by Mickey's legs while he stretched out one of his legs by Mickey's head and bent the other. He felt a smirk pull at his lips. "Y'know, Fiona dated Colin for a few weeks when they were in high school."

Mickey made a loud snoring sound that made Ian laugh as he bumped his knee against Mickey's. "What about you?" Mickey asked suddenly. Ian stopped laughing and raised an eyebrow, looking at Mickey who still had his eyes closed. Mickey took the silence as Ian not understanding the question. "I mean, you ever fuckin' dated a chick before?"

Ian grimaced at they way Mickey said chick like there was no other possibility. "Yeah."

"Bullshit," Mickey called loudly, a smirk on his lips. He opened his eyes and sat up, twinkling eyes looking into Ian's. "You're lying, asswipe."

"The fuck do you know?" Ian asked, getting defensive. He tossed the beer bottle in his hands away, avoiding Mickey's eyes. "I got sucked off. By Karen Jackson."

"Karen Slutson?" Mickey asked with impressed eyebrows. "Batty Sheila's kid? Not bad, Gallagher. Thought she was fucking your brother."

"She is," Ian smirked, though feeling like shit inside. It's not like he was lying, Lip did let Karen try to suck his brother straight, but it was that he was pushing the straight kid act. Mickey slapped Ian's knee approvingly and laid back down.

"You see anythin' in Mandy?"

Ian chuckled awkwardly. "I see her around school and stuff. Don't really talk."

"Oh, sure," Mickey scoffed. "I see the way you eye my sis, man."

"Can we change the subject?" Ian whined.

-

-

"The fuck have you been?" Mandy hissed as soon as Mickey returned. Mickey rolled his eyes and dropped his jacket on the Gallagher couch. "I had to make dinner with a little red head girl."

"I got a fucking job to keep your fat asses full," Mickey bit back, watching as Ian jogged up the stairs. "Where's Iggy?"

"He met up with some friends or some shit," Mandy said whilst walking back to the kitchen. Mickey side eyed Ian's little sister who was stirring something in a pot with her back to the two Milkovich's. "How long we staying here?"

"Until Maria fucks off," Mickey spat. He glared at Liam who was staring at him from the table before running up the stairs exhaustedly. He ran into Lip on the way, who was walking around shirtless. "Jesus, put a fucking shirt on, fag."

"Hello to you too," Lip said distractedly as he rummaged through laundry. He pulled out the shirt Ian had worn yesterday and slipped it on. "Welcome to the Gallagher house."

Mickey pulled a face and looked towards where Ian shuffled into the bathroom. He sighed and turned back around, following Lip down the stairs. He went to the front, closing the door behind him as he felt the chilly air blow over him. He sunk down on the porch and pulled out his pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He prepared himself for a dinner of nicotine as he smoked away.

By the time Fiona had reached home from work, she froze when she saw Mickey on the porch staring off into the night with cigarette stubs littered around him. Fiona silently walked up the stairs and sunk down next to Mickey, keeping a distance between them. She knew this wasn't something Mickey was used to, and that's why she spoke softly yet with determination to let Mickey know she wasn't here to baby him around instead of helping him. "You see Maria?"

"Yeah," Mickey replied, tapping the ash off the cigarette. "Just before Iggy knocked her teeth out."

"Oh," Fiona said. "Well, that's good."

"Yeah," Mickey chuckled bitterly. "Rather leave that to Terry."

Fiona sighed and placed her satchel in her lap. "When's he getting out?"

"Next week. Three days if they give him the early release."

"That a good thing?"

"You tell me. He'll either knock the shit out of Maria or re-marry her. Depends what kind of mood he's in."

"So what if he does nothing?" Fiona asked, turning her body towards Mickey. She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "Huh? What's gonna happen then?"

"We'll pack our shit and leave."

"Where?"

"Wherever the fucking wind takes us, I don't know!" Mickey yelled. He dug the heel of his hands into his eyes and sighed loudly. "Maria ain't good for south side. I ain't staying here while she goes bat shit crazy again."

"This puts my family in danger, too," Fiona pressed, staring at the side of Mickey's face. "Frank has fucked with Maria enough times. And Monica almost killed her. She already doesn't like us."

"Do you want me to leave?" Mickey laughed confusedly. He finally turned his head and met Fiona's eyes. "You fucking asked me to stay here. It's not like I decided-"

"We'll help," Fiona interrupted. She shuffled closer to Mickey. "Ian and Lip, we can do something to get rid of Maria if Terry doesn't. Or if Terry does, we'll help. Either way, we got nothing to lose."

Mickey went silent for a minute as he thought. He turned his head away from Fiona and stared at the stray dogs barking as they wandered the streets. He finally nodded and flicked his cigarette away. "Okay. Fine. Let's just wait for Terry."

Fiona nodded. "Okay."