sixteen; knee deep in insanity

Start from the beginning

Sage's eyebrows rose to her hairline as she scoffed, "Excuse me?"

"Well, Ms. Chamberlain, you and I are both vividly aware that your mother possessed magic." He continued with a sly grin, "Which got me to thinking if you had any magic genetically given' to you."

This time, Sage was completely silent. Her mind wandered back to the moment when she first arrived in the Enchanted Forest, after she was sucked into the clock's portal. There was an Orge and somehow Sage was able to blast him back using some kind of force. At the time, Sage tried to not think about it and convince herself something opposite of the obvious. "So...it's possible that ― "

"Yes, Sage, you have magic."

▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲▲ ▲

When Mary Margaret, Sage, and Emma walked into Granny's diner, they were welcomed with an uproar of cheers and laughter. A surprise smile appeared on Sage's lips, completely shocked that so many people would be at the welcome back party that was dedicated to the three women. She glanced towards the wall and saw a colorful banner hanging up, saying 'Welcome Back Mary Margaret, Emma, and Sage'. It brought a spark of joy to all of them.

Ruby came running over, eagerly developing both Mary Margaret and Sage into strong hugs. "I wasn't worried a bit." The werewolf teased, grinning from ear to ear.

Mary Margaret chuckled, "We can tell."

When the three pulled away, Sage turned on her heel and saw Archer, also known as Dr. Hopper, standing there with his arms open. "We all missed you, Sage." He said as she gladly hugged him.

"I miss everyone too." Sage admitted and it was true. If she was to compare the Enchanted Forest to Storybrooke, she would delightfully say that Storybrooke was where she wanted to stay. Dealing with an evil Queen from her past and fighting resurrected zombies weren't exactly something Sage hoped to be dealing with on a daily basis. The thought of a certain pirate was sinking back into Sage's head, but she continuously tried to push him out, not wanting to remember all the things that pirate had said to her. It would just bring back all the guilt. 

"Tacos?"

Sage perked up and turned around at the sound of fresh food. She watched as Emma handed Granny a tray of tacos. "I cannot tell you the relief of cooking something that I didn't have to kill first."

"Don't I know it." Granny retorted back, smiling. "Meatloaf back home, what a bitch!"

David, who stood on the opposite side of the room and in front of the crowd, used a small fork to clink the glass of beer he had in his hand. Before he began to speak, Sage walked over to Henry, wrapping an arm around the ten year old. In return, Henry looked up and smiled, leaning into Sage's warm touch. "I just wanted to, uh, thank you all for joining us tonight. Mary Margaret and I – we have a saying that we will always find each other. And, while I believe that with all my heart, I'd like you all to raise your glasses and join me when I say – Here's to not having to look for a while." Everyone laughed, raising their jugs of beer in the air. "To Mary Margaret, Emma, and Sage!"

As soon as everyone repeated David's mantra and started to chug down their brewing alcohol, the doorbell ringed as someone walked in. That someone being the one and only Regina Mills, who held a large tray of food in her arms. Everyone's cheers immediately died down once their eyes landed on her. "Sorry, I'm late." She awkwardly apologized, attempting to smile.