Chapter 7: Another Newbie Huh?

As I walked to my locker at break, my mind began to wander I basically was on auto-pilot and not zoned in at all... next thing I knew I was in pain on the floor, "What the fuck" I murmured as I rubbed my neck, I finally realised I had somehow managed to walk straight into a random dude that I had never seen before, I quickly jumped to my feet and offered out my hand to help him up.

Well I was not staying there, I had literally landed on top of him, and I could just tell my face was flushed red. I kept my head down as I helped him up. Until I thought felt my face cool down, I lifted my head to face him and was lost for words, this one was going to be fodder for the whores, and I thought he had beautiful short blood-red hair.

He was still a little dazed looking with his head facing the ground. "Eh, sorry about that....." I said pausing, hoping for him to tell his name to make it less awkward... "uh, it's okay... I'm Gaara by the way" he said in a droll, monotone yet husky voice.

"Nice to meet ya, Inuzuka Akeno" I stated with a bright smile. "You new or something, I haven't seen you before" I continued, he lifted his head and the most beautiful jade-meets-cyan orbs met mine. Defiantly going to be hounded by sluts. "Uh, yes I was just looking for the principal's office before I hit the floor" he said in a bemused monotone. "Could you help me find it?" he asked with a displeased grunt.

"Sure, why not, least I can do considering..." I said as I motioned him to follow me and walked slowly to Tsunade's office, it was about ten minutes away, "So, Gaara-san what year are you in?" I asked simply trying to get rid of the awkward silence...

"Second I believe, at least that was what I was in at my last high less than a week ago" he replied in the same monotone. "Same here, anyhow, this is her office so....." I said about to take my leave and meet with Hidan and Deidara, "Thanks Akeno" he said plainly before opening the door and walking in.

I began to walk towards the eastern stairs – at the far side of the school, I literally just reached the bottom of them when -Akeno Inuzuka, report to my office immediately- I heard Tsunade's voice echoing thought the entire school... "Well great... I haven't punched anyone this week yet though..." I said as I darted to her office, I hadn't done anything wrong, had I?

As I arrived at her office I knocked and inhaled deeply, bracing for a long winded lecture for something that I probably did, but couldn't care less about. As I heard her voice "Enter Akeno" I exhaled again and opened the door.

I noticed the kid from earlier sitting in front of Tsunade's desk, "Ah, Akeno... come and sit" Tsunade said calmly and pointed to the second seat before her desk, I raised my eyebrows before obeying obediently.

"Akeno, I believe you know this new student?" she began as I sat, I nodded for her conformation and for her to continue, "Due to this fact as well as your two schedules matching up completely, I have made the decision that you shall be his guide, that means you shall essentially take him under your wing, you shall show him both to class and also look out for him during intervals and even assist him with any homework he finds challenging, do I make myself clear." I nodded still slightly confused.

"Okay Sensei, but why me exactly?" I asked, "Mainly due to the fact that you were new to the school this term, coupled with the fact your schedules matched..." She paused, I simply raised a brow 'plenty of people have my schedule though'.

"...alongside the fact that when I asked if he had met anyone on his way here and you were the only person. You are best suited and he already knows your name too." She stated blatantly with a smile at the last part. "So is that clear Akeno, you are to prevent this boy from being bullied etc." she finished off. "Indeed Sensei, I will." I replied with a small sigh.