Chapter 6: Skipping Class? Already...

-Akeno pov-

It's been another month since that weird topsy turvy day, and today I got a letter from my little sister, turns out she is coming to our high school and is wanting to stay with us. I did object at first, but then Lucia suggested that she and Mitsuko could just get a bunk bed on her side of the room and that it would be fun. Of course, she will not be in my year, she will be a freshmen and that worried me, I can't look out for her if she aint in my year as efficiently as I'd like to... and she is very different from most of the girls...

So I asked Neji, Hidan, Deidara, Kakashi, Obito and all our freshmen friends to watch out for her cause she was not very good with Sakura when we were younger and the head slut and her cronies will probably try to bully her, they all agreed quite happily to do so although I didn't even need to ask Naruto I knew already he viewed her as his own little sister and would go out of his way to protect her, which assured me that she would be alright when she gets here.

It was Wednesday morning, and time to get to school... Kiba and Lucia were already out of the house for club activities and training. I was actually running a little late, I figured that I couldn't be late since I had so much time to kill not waking them up, 'I guess I let it go to my head too much'. Anyway I noticed the clock and rushed out the door and towards the school.

"Hidan, wait up!" I yelled as I ran to catch up with him. "Akeno?" he asked questioningly as I got to him. "Yea, why so confused? Hey I didn't know you lived near here" I stated blatantly with a smile. "Eh, I just wasn't expecting you to appear like that is why. Also yea, I live on that street over there."

He said plainly pointing his finger towards the street that backs onto mine. "Ah. SERIOUSLY. I live on that one, I said pointing to my street. "What?!" he said in both an exasperated, confused and yet surprised way. "I live on that one" I repeated, pointing down my street again.

"Guess I should walk with you then." he more stated than asked. "Sure, why not." We both walked to school together and were late, sadly the heavens decided that they wished to open on us as we were walking and so when we arrived at school we were drenched. And we were I even less of a mood for school, Hidan and I quickly rushed to registration and signed in.

The bell signalling the end of registration sounded. Hidan asked if I wanted to just skip and go to the locker rooms to stand by the radiators and dry off, I didn't refuse because I had music first and that meant Ino was in my class but not any of my friends were, not even Neji. Sure Kakashi and Obito were next door and came through constantly to talk with me, but it just wasn't worth the hassle. "Sure, it will be nicer than music." I replied simply with a bright smile on my face.

-Hidan pov-

"Hey, Akeno want to skip next class? I am going to the locker rooms to dry off, I would've asked Deidara but he is already gone to his class, so....." I asked rather nervously before blurting out something to try to get her to join me without sounding like It mattered too much.

"Sure, it will be nicer than music" she said with the brightest smile I had ever seen, and I had to hide my sigh of relief as she answered yes, oh shit I hope she didn't hear that I thought as I looked at her briefly. It didn't seem like she had heard it. I decided to avoid further embarrassment "C'mon, let's go" I said quickly as I turned and walked to the locker rooms.

"Wait up Ijiwaruna hito!" she stated in the tone of an upset two-year-old as she ran down the corridor to catch up with me, "what's the rush Hidan, and why is your face red? What did I embarrass you, aww that's adorable" she said before laughing profusely. "What? What the hell are you talking about?" I asked attempting to sound like I hadn't noticed my flushed face.