Chapter 23

Okay, it's short, so pleeeease don't kill me. Part 1 is coming to an end, but I promise I'll keep writing!         

****************************************************************************************************************

For the second time that week I had awoken to a pillow hitting me in the face. I quickly looked up to see George, armed with another pillow. I looked over to see Fred was still asleep.

                I glared at George. “Your brother didn’t get any sleep last night. Let him sleep!” I hissed. I looked up to see that it was noon. Crap, Snape would be out and about the castle. That would make it even harder to avoid Snape on my way to see Dumbledore.

                I was just about ready to leave out the portrait door, when I realized I was still in my pajamas. I looked down at my burgundy tank and red and gold pajama pants. “Hmmm, I might wanna change before I leave.”

                George laughed. “Yeah, that might be smart Elle.”

                I rolled my eyes at him as I headed up to my dorm to change. I pulled on a red knee length dress with elbow length sleeves and slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans.  I quickly realized how I could get to Dumbledore without running into Snape.

                I run downstairs as fast as I can, praying George is still down there. Thankfully he is and I walk over to him and whisper, “Can I borrow the Marauders Map? I only need it for a little bit.” When he hesitated, I continued, “I need to avoid Snape, please George?” He nodded and ran upstairs to get it. He came back down and handed it to me. “Thanks Georgie, you’re a life saver.”

                “You’ll have to tell me later why you’re so desperate to avoid Snape.” He said, giving me a steely look.

                I hesitate. “I’ll tell you if I can, okay?”

                He knew not to push. “Be careful Eli.”

                I just nodded as I left the Common Room. I pulled out the Map and muttered, “I solemnly swear I am up to no good.”

                The whole map of Hogwarts spread out in front of me. I quickly located Snape down in the dungeons. I could make my way pretty easily down to Dumbledore’s office without him ever seeing me.

                I hurried towards his office, trying not to run and look nervous. When I finally got to his office, I blanked. Bloody Hell, I thought, I forgot you need a password.

                That was when my luck started to pick up. “Hello Elianna, to what do I owe the pleasure?” I turned around to see Dumbledore standing behind me, blue eyes twinkling.

                “I-I needed to talk to you about something sir.” Crap, now I’m stuttering.

                He nodded. “Of course.” He looked to the stone gargoyle. “Sugar Quills.”

                I swear next time I can’t get into his office I’m just going to name off random candy.

                We walked up the staircase to his office. “Please, Elianna, have a seat and tell me what the problem is.”

                I sighed. “Sadly, there are many of them. First, Harry knows about the Sorcerer’s Stone.”

                He raised an eyebrow at me. “How did he figure it out?”

                I grimaced. “Your Chocolate Frog card mentioned Flamel, and then Hermione remember reading in an alchemy book about Flamel.” I sighed. “That girl is too smart for her own good.”

                Dumbledore chuckled at this. “Your other piece of bad news?”

                I grimaced again. “Well, this one is harder to explain. After the Quidditch match yesterday, Harry noticed a cloaked figure heading into the forest. Harry flew after him, and I followed Harry. The cloaked figure met up with Quirrell, and started threatening Quirrell.”

                “Did you see who the figure was?”

                I exhaled. “Yeah. It was Professor Snape.”

                He nodded. “What happened next?”

                “When they stopped arguing, Harry and I started flying back to the castle. Snape saw me and started sending spells at me. He hadn’t seen Harry, so I told Harry to take the long way around so Snape wouldn’t see him. He did, and right after he left, Snape hit me with a stunning spell and levitated me to the ground. He took me to his office and told me not to tell anyone what I saw.” I took a deep breath. I leaned back into the arm chair.

                “And did you?” He studied me carefully.

                I shook my head. “I’m sure Harry told Ron and Hermione what we saw, but I didn’t tell the Twins. They know nothing about the Sorcerer’s Stone, or anything else going on.” I sighed. “I don’t like keeping things from them.”

                He nodded. “That’s understandable, but I still ask that you not tell them. If they start to figure anything out, then you can tell them some of the details to dissuade them from looking into any further.”

                I nodded. Something was still bugging me from my conversation with Snape last night. If he was after the Stone, he could have used a memory charm right then and there to make me forget everything, and he could have erased Harry’s memory later. But he seemed totally unfazed by the fact that we spotted him supposedly threatening another teacher. But something about Quirrell had always seemed off, and I always get the worst headaches around in his class, but only when I look at the back of his turban.

                Dumbledore smiled at me. “You seem deep in thought. Anything you ‘d like to share?”

                I shrugged. “Harry seems so sure that Sna- Professor Snape is after the Stone, yet he seemed so unconcerned that Harry and I saw what we did.” I paused, choosing my next words carefully. “Professor Snape isn’t after the Stone, is he? It’s Quirrell.”

                Dumbledore looked at me shocked. “And how did you come to this conclusion?”

                I shrugged. “He has a bad vibe. Other than that, it’s just a lucky guess.”

                He nodded. “I agree that he is after it, but I assure you, the stone is safe.”

                I nodded nervously. As the days went on, I was less sure of the Stone’s safety.

                Dumbledore stood. “I think I should let you enjoy the rest weekend. Thank you for telling me.”

                I nodded. “You’re welcome Headmaster.” I turned and left. Halfway down the staircase I checked the Map to see where Snape was. I froze when I looked at the Map.

                Snape was at the stone gargoyle in front of Dumbledore’s office.

**************************************************************************************************************

I don't know when the next upload is gonna be... Hopefully soon! Also, if you would please read my other story, Saving Jack and Quora, that would be amazing:) 

The Forgotten Sisterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें