Chapter 14

Okay, I know I said that I would upload around Thursday, but no one else voted on the dress, and I had the chapter all written, so I felt like updating for you all! This was originally two chapters, but I decided to make it one long one. Oh, and this chapter is dedicated to XrandomnessXrocksX for her awesome comment on Chapter 13.

Oh, and after August 30th I won't be updating as much, as I start school. Yay. Note the sarcasm. Help me.

**************************************************************

Percy’s POV:

                It seemed like today would never end, and I knew most other people felt the same way. Tonight was the Winter Ball, the first one in absolutely forever. And I was going with the perfect girl, who was smart, beautiful, and had an amazing sense of humor.

                I felt bad, though, that Fred was taking us going together so badly. Fred refused to even look at her, much less talk to her. She acted like she didn’t care, but I could tell that it bugged her, but it had to happen for our plan to work.

                I walked out of the DADA classroom and headed to lunch. When I walked in, I noticed that Eli was sitting alone (again). I headed over to her, putting my arm around her shoulder as I sat down.  “Hey El, how’s it going?”

                She gave me a small smile. “Pretty good.  How was DADA?”

                I shrugged. “I couldn’t understand half of what Professor Quirrell said. H-h-his st-tudder makes it almost impossible for him to c-cast a s-spell.” She laughed, and I saw Fred giving me a murderous look. It was easy for everyone to see he loves her, even if he didn’t realize it himself. And if mine and George’s plan worked, he finally would.

                I watched Eli while she ate. She was wonderful, but she wasn’t my type. She was too… rebellious. The only reason I asked her was at George’s insistence. He had come up to me the day before the Hogsmeade trip.

(Memory)                                                                                                                                                                         

                George had run up to me, looking nervous. “Percy, I need you to do me a huge favor.”

                I rolled my eyes. “No, I will not vouch for you that you didn’t prank Filtch.”

                He gave me a confused look. “What are you- never mind, that’s not what I was going to ask you. I need you to ask Eli to the Winter Ball.”

                I raised an eyebrow. “Now why would I do that? Is she that desperate for a date?”

                He gave me a dirty look. “No, she isn’t. And it’s not because of her. It’s because of Fred. Fred really likes her, but he was too stupid to ask her to the Winter Ball. If he sees her at the Ball with another guy, especially with his uptight older brother, he’ll realize how much he likes her. Will you help me?”

                I thought about it for a moment, ignoring the ‘uptight’ comment. I wasn’t planning on going with anyone, so it wouldn’t matter if I went with her or not.

                I sighed and looked at him. “Okay, fine, I’ll help you.”

(Memory ended)