Chapter 6

I hope you all enjoy! This one gets slightly better and more off the book than the other chapters! Happy Reading!

****************************************************************************************************************

   Fred, George and I froze. I turned around and couldn’t see Filch anywhere. “Go, now!” I whispered. They left quickly, not making a sound. I silently opened the door.

                “Harry, Ron!” I whispered loudly. I took the cloak off and Harry, Hermione, and Ron gasped. “Filch is coming. Malfoy is trying to get you in trouble.  Get under the cloak, NOW!”

                They all listened without hesitation. I led them quickly along. We were just going through the charms corridor when Peeves came up to us.

                “Nasty little kiddos! Out of bed, at this hour! You may be invisible, but I can still see you! Don’t make me tell Filch.” When we didn’t say anything, Peeves screamed, “Student’s out of bed! Student’s in the Charms corridor!”

                There was a door next to us. “Alohomora!” The lock opened, and I quickly shoved Ron, Hermione, and Harry into the room. We pressed against the door, listening.

                "Which way did they go, Peeves." Filch was saying. "Quick, tell me."

                "Say 'please."'

                 "Don't mess with me, Peeves, now where did they go."

 "Shan't say nothing if you don't say please," said Peeves in his annoying singsong voice.

"All right -please."

                 "NOTHING! Ha haaa! Told you I wouldn't say nothing if you didn't say please! Ha ha! Haaaaaa!” And they heard the sound of Peeves whooshing away and Filch cursing in rage.

                I breathed a sigh of relief. We hadn’t been caught.

                “Eli…” I heard Hermione gasp.

                I turned around, and I’m sure all the blood left my face.

                Sitting in front of us was a three-headed dog. It was staring where we should be, growling. I listened intently to see if Filch was still out there. There was no sound, so I opened the door, dragged everyone out, and relocked the door. I quickly led everyone to the common room.

                I took the cloak off, and went upstairs and quickly put it in my trunk. I rushed back downstairs, furious.

                “What were you thinking?” I said, berating them. “You could have taken hundreds of points from Gryffindor, enough to make it where we would never, EVER, be able to win the House Cup. Now,” I turned to Hermione, “Why on Earth were you out of bed?”

                “M-m-Malfoy suggested a wizard duel, and Harry and Ron agreed. They were supposed to duel in the trophy room, but Malfoy made it as a trap. I tried to warn them.” She looked on the verge of tears.

                “Anything you two would like to add?” I said, turning to Ron and Harry.

                “Yeah,” Ron said, looking obviously upset. “What were you doing out of bed?”

                “I noticed that argument, but couldn’t hear what you were saying. Someone told me that you were leaving at midnight, so I waited down here until you left, and then I followed you.”